Blog Summary: The blog post offers several quick methods on how to see old Snapchat stories, allowing you to access photos and videos that disappear after a set duration. You have the option to either replay a snap, explore your own memories, review your own story & more. The post includes screenshots & step-by-step instructions for each method to help you understand the entire process.
Snapchat is a fun and exciting app that lets you share your moments with your friends and followers. But, unlike other platforms, Snapchat does not store your snaps permanently. They disappear after a certain time, depending on the type of snap you send or receive. This can be certainly frustrating if you want to view old snaps or stories that you missed or want to see again.
So, is there a way to view old snaps on Snapchat?
In this blog post, we will show you how to do each of these methods with screenshots and step-by-step instructions.
How To See Past Stories On Snapchat?
1. You are required to download a file manager if your device does not have it by default. ES File Explorer is the perfect pick for this purpose.
Note: As ES File Explorer is of Chinese’s origin, it may not be available in India, because the Indian government has banned some of the Chinese apps
2. Once you are done with the download and installation of the file manager you can navigate to the following folder snapchat.android. Here you will find a folder called received_image_snaps in which you will find a folder called received_images_snaps
3. Open this folder and you will find snaps that were shared with you before.
METHOD 2 – Check Your Memories
If you want your stories to be saved automatically on camera roll then you can configure these settings on your Snapchat application both on iOS/Android.
1. Tap on your profile icon (the ghost icon given at the top left corner). You will be on your profile page. Now tap on the settings icon on the top right corner.
2. On the settings page you will find several options to set up your account. Scroll down to Memories.
3. Tap on Memories and turn on auto save my story. You can choose if you want to save your stories to camera roll or to memories.
After configuring these settings your stories will automatically be saved and you will be able to view them from the camera roll folder or from the memories.
METHOD 3 – Download Your Snapchat Data
Another way to check out old snaps is to download your Snapchat data from their website. This option lets you access various information about your account and activity on Snapchat, including some of your snaps and stories. However, this option may not include all of your snaps and stories, as Snapchat does not store them permanently.
Downloading Snapchat data is a simple process, all you have to do is:
1. Go to accounts.snapchat.com and log in with your credentials.
2. Navigate to the Manage My Account section & click on the My Data option.
3. Select the data that you want download. You can choose from categories such as Account History, User Profile, Snap History, Chat History, Friends List, Purchase History, etc.
4. At this step, you need to choose the date range of data that you want to download data for.
5. Confirm the process by adding the associated email address that you want to be notified on.
6. Click on Submit at the bottom of the page.
7. Wait for an email from Snapchat with a link to download your data. This may take some time depending on the amount of data you requested.
8. Click on the link and log in again.
9. Download your data as a zip file.
Extract the zip file and open the folders and files to view your data. You may need a compatible software to open some of the files, such as JSON or CSV.
Conclusion | Easy Hacks To See Old Snapchat Stories
By using these methods, you can enjoy viewing old snaps on Snapchat without losing them forever. However, remember that Snapchat is designed to be a fun communication app, so don’t get too attached to your snaps. Hence, enjoy them while they last, and then move on to create new ones! Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.