Smartphones owners live in a world where there’s an app for almost every task we do in our daily lives. Thanks to technology, we have apps for almost everything; be it call recording, booking a taxi, tracking your fitness or reading novels. But not all apps are important for you. Sometimes you tend to download an app just to check a feature and forget to uninstall it.
If your Google Play app is set to download every update for a software installed, then you will lose your precious data in updating the apps you don’t want, without your consent. However, there is a brighter side of it to it, Regular updates improve app’s performance on your tablet or smartphone and keep your apps up to date.
If you still want to stop Google Play store from updating. Don’t worry, we have a solution for it. Here in this article, we will discuss, how you can turn off automatic updates on Android.
Steps to disable auto-update apps in Google Play –
- Unlock your Android device and locate Google Play.
- Navigate settings in Google Play, tap on Auto-update apps.
- You will get three options
- Do not auto-update apps – After opting for this option, you need to manually update the apps you want
- Auto-update apps at any time. Data charges may apply – This is the feature, which will enable your downloaded apps to update whenever you have an active internet connection.
- Auto-update apps over Wi-Fi only – The apps will be updated when you will connect your device to a Wi-Fi network.
- Select Do not auto-update apps as you wish you to stop your Android from auto updating.
How to manually update the applications:
- Go to Google Play.
- Navigate My apps and games.
- You can see the apps downloaded on the device, which would be categorized in three- UPDATE, Recently Updated and Up to date.
- Apps with updates available will be listed at the top. Click on Update for the apps, you use or you can click on UPDATE ALL, if you want to update all the apps.
You May Also Like: 15 Best Android Music Player Apps to Get You Grooving!
Do you still have automatic updates turned on your Android device? Well, it is your personal choice to disable or enable Android auto updates, but it is always good to have a phone with better performance and great battery life. Moreover, it is good to control the updates to stop your phone from chugged up with the sudden updates and save your internet data.