Amongst the new features that Windows 10 has added, one of them is, “Dynamic Lock”. It is another hidden feature provided in Windows 10 and was launched with the Creators update. However, many users are still not aware of this feature.
So, in this article, we will know about what Dynamic Lock is and how we can use it?
What is “Dynamic Lock” in Windows 10?
Dynamic lock is the feature of Windows 10 added by Microsoft. This feature helps the user to lock the Computer or Laptop via Bluetooth. To lock your Computer, your just need to pair your device with Windows 10. When you are away from your PC and Bluetooth range, your PC will lock automatically so that no one can use your PC.
What is the Need of Dynamic Lock in Windows 10?
This is the first question that comes to mind when we talk about Dynamic Lock. Is there really a need for this?
The answer is “YES”. The lock works with Bluetooth when you are away from your Computer.
However, Windows 10 provides other lock feature called “Auto Lock” but it differs from Dynamic lock. As Auto Lock gives a spanning time to lock the computer screen. In that time someone can steal your files and harm your computer. You also have other option to lock your computer which is Windows Logo Key with the combination of L key but sometimes we forget to do that. It is then that Dynamic Lock comes into play.
Pair your Phone Bluetooth to Windows 10
- If your Computer or Laptop has an in-built Bluetooth, you can turn ON the service on your Computer. However, if the service is not available on your Computer, you can connect Bluetooth device to it to use the service. Also turn ON the service on your phone.
- To turn ON the Bluetooth service, click on the Windows 10 logo Start button->Settings (Gear icon).
- Now, click on Devices-> Bluetooth and other devices.
- Next, from the right side, click on Add Bluetooth or another device.
- In the next window, tap on Bluetooth.
- Hear, wait for paring Bluetooth with your phone. If you are unable to find your phone, you will get a message, “Could not connect”.
- If this happen, update the Bluetooth driver of your Computer or Laptop and again start the process.
Also Read: How to Maximize Battery Life
How to Lock Windows 10 using Dynamic Lock?
To enable the Dynamic lock feature of Windows 10, you need to follow steps provided below:
- Click on the Windows 10 logo Start button->Settings (Gear icon).
- In the next window, click on the Accounts settings.
- Here, from the left pane, click on the Sign-in options.
- Now, scroll down until you see the Dynamic Lock.
- Here, enable the settings “Allow Windows to detect when you’re away and automatically lock the device”.
Now, next time when you go out with your smartphone and the Bluetooth range of your PC, your Computer will lock automatically.
That’s all folks! We hope you liked this post about how you can lock your PC when you are away with your smartphone. If you have any comment or suggestion, you can post them in the space provided below.