Do you still use Outlook and are looking for ways to schedule an email as you do in Gmail?
Well, scheduling email is an amazing feature as it helps send emails at the right time to the right recipient.
In this blog post, we will explain how to use Outlook to send an email later feature.
Why schedule an email?
There can be different reasons like wishing your colleague birthday, thanking your client for the wonderful meeting, etc. due to which you would want to schedule an email. Whatever the case is, you can set Outlook delay delivery to send an email to the intended recipient by following this step by step guide.
How To Schedule An Email On Outlook?
- Launch Outlook.
- Click New email or press (Ctrl+N).
- Compose the mail and when you are ready click the Options tab.
- Click Delay Delivery.
- This will open a new window here under Delivery options select the box next to click Do not deliver before.
- Now, set date, time, close the box and click Send.
- Your email will not be sent, instead, you will be able to see an email in your Outbox with a notepad and a pencil icon. This means your mail is scheduled.
- However, if you want to confirm double click on the email.
- Here you will see a highlighted Delay delivery option, confirming the mail is scheduled. To make changes simply click the option and make changes.
That’s all for now using these simple steps you can schedule an email on Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010 and 2007.
Note: If the message doesn’t get delivered at the scheduled time there is a possibility that Outlook is running in cached exchange mode or is not running at the scheduled time.
How To Delay The Delivery Of All Messages?
Using the above steps, you can schedule an email in Outlook. However, if you want to delay all sending emails on Outlook you will need to create a template. This feature comes in handy when you often recall an email or regret sending it in the first place.
By adding a default delay to all Outlook emails you can prevent it from being sent immediately, this will give you a chance to make changes.
To learn how to delay delivery message on Outlook follow the steps below:
1. Launch Outlook.
2. Click File Tab or can press Alt+F.
3. This will open the File menu here click Manage Rules and Alerts under account information.
4. In the consecutive window that opens click New Rule.
5. This will open the Rules Wizard with lots of options. To set rules follow step by step instructions
- Click Apply rule on messages I send > Next.
- Select conditions > Next > apply this condition to all messages > Next.
- Select action and set the number of minutes you would like to delay sending a message from Outlook.
- If any exception select
- Name the rule and finish.
Note: Using this option you can delay sending a message from Outlook for up to 120 minutes.
6. Click Apply > ok.
This was it using these simple steps you can schedule an email in Outlook and can even set Outlook delay to send. Undoubtedly, this feature is great as it gives you the power to customize sending emails. If you are an Outlook user you should give this a try and share your experience with us in the comments section.
Where are delayed messages saved?
Delayed sending email messages are saved in the outbox folder so that they can be sent at the scheduled time.
Can more than one delayed message be sent?
Yes, you can send several delay messages from Outlook
If there is no internet connectivity at the time of delivery what will happen?
If you are facing connectivity issues at the time of sending scheduled emails and Outlook is open, the application will try to deliver email. But it will fail and you will see an error in Send/Receive progress.
Once the connection is restored Outlook will try to resend the scheduled message.