Isn’t it frustrating to get disconnected from Wifi simply because your system decides to go into sleep mode.Imagine you are updating applications or drivers on your computer and you notice that the update failed because internet got disconnected during sleep mode. You will definitely want to get rid of this problem and the good news is there are two simple methods of doing this.
Must Read: What Is Wake-on-LAN, And How To Enable It?
Method 1: Using Device Manager
- Open device manager by Pressing Windows Key + R and typing devmgmt.msc in the Run dialog box.
2. In the Device Manager window, click to expand Network Adapters and look for your Wi-Fi driver, right click on it, go to Properties.
3. In properties, Click on Power Management tab and disselect the option Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Click OK.
4. Now you can close the device manager and proceed further to restart the computer.
Method 2: By Using PowerShell
- Go to Desktop, right click on it and choose New -> Shortcut. In the short cut creation Wizard paste following command.
1.0powershell.exe restart-netadapter -InterfaceDescription ” -Confirm:$false
Put wireless adapter name in this command which you can get from Device Manager window shown previously in this article. In our case the wireless network adapter was Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection, so the command becomes.
1.0powershell.exe restart-netadapter -InterfaceDescription ‘Intel(R) Pro/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection’ -Confirm:$false
- Proceeding further, type Wi-Fi reset in the name of shortcut and click Finish.
- Lastly, right click the shortcut you have just created and go to Properties. Now click Advanced and go to Advanced Properties, check the box in front of Run as administrator. Click OK, then Apply then click OK.
Now you can pin this shortcut to the desktop or on the taskbar. Next double click it. This will execute the command and reboot the machine. This should fix the problem.
Using one of these two methods you will be able to Keep your computer connected to Wi-Fi.