The primary motto to launch Facebook was to connect people virtually. The interface of Facebook is designed in a manner that it is easy to find anyone across the globe. The social media platform offers multiple options to look for a person. You can look up by name, email id, phone number etc.
However, with passing time because of security issues, many users do not want their Facebook account to be found. Which is why it gives options to its users to make their account tough to find. However, many users are not aware of the process to do so. In this article, we share with you the steps of how to make your account go in stealth mode.
How To Get Started:
- Login to your Facebook account and click on the down arrow located at the top right corner of the screen. From the drop-down menu select Settings option.
- Now from the left menu click on Privacy setting.
- In Privacy and Tools, you will find options like, Who can contact me and Who can look me up? Click on Edit, located in front of Who can contact me?
- Click on down arrow and select the option Friends of friends.
- Going forward no anonymous person can send you a friend request. Only those people who are friends of your friends on Facebook can send you friend request.
- In the ‘Who can look me up?’ section, change the setting for Who can look you up using your email address.
- A person can be searched by using their phone number which has been provided. Therefore, click on Everyone and change it to Friends.
- For the final step, uncheck the option next to Allow search engines outside of Facebook to link to your Profile.
- Click on Turn Off in the prompt you receive.
These few changes in your settings will make your profile more private and secure. It will be extremely tough for someone out of your known circle to find you on Facebook.