Unquestionable, Spotify is the king of music streaming services, but this doesn’t mean it is free from all problems. Given its huge user base, the number of devices it supports, the music catalog it offers, it shouldn’t be surprising to know that it too has issues.
Some of those glitches like:
- Spotify responds slowly when you attempt to navigate through songs or stream files.
- Spotify Freezes
- Becomes unresponsive and others.
Facing these problems when using Spotify is not a good sight. Especially for those who use it every day, it is heartbreaking.
Wondering how I can relate to it?
Well, I, too, am a Spotify fan and use it more than other streaming services. Whether I am driving, working, cooking, or just enjoying my time, Spotify is always there by my side.
The app has recently started giving issues; each passing day, it is becoming slower. Not only this, it takes time to load playlists. To resolve the problem, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This did work but only for a while, after which the same problem. Spotify’s performance started degrading. This made one thing clear; something is wrong with the app.
So, to resolve the problem, I started looking for solutions. This was when I came across a post that mentioned Spotify slows down because of old cache files. Their ways to clean cache manually were also given, but they were complicated.
Over time, as we use the app cache files grow, they slow the app instead of helping load things faster. Hence, it is important to remove the old cache.
So, in the hope of finding a more straightforward solution, I again did some digging and found a fantastic tool that helps clean cache and system junk. It not only helped with the Spotify problem but also assisted in cleaning Mac, removing duplicates, finding, and removing large files, iTunes downloads, Emptying Trash, and a lot more.
This fantastic and best Mac cleanup tool is called Disk Clean Pro. Available on AppStore, it is a trusted product and has been the #1 app on the Mac store. Not only this, compared to its competitors, the price at which it is sold, i.e., $26.99, is nothing in front of the features it offers. Trust me; this one is a must-try app to resolve Spotify and Disk almost full message.
To download it, click here.
To know about it, read the complete review.
How to Automatically resolve Spotify running slow on Mac?
1. Download, install and run Disk Clean Pro.
2. Click Start System Scan
3. Wait for the scan to finish.
4. Once done, click Clean Now. This will delete all user cache and junk files that slow down Spotify and ruin the Spotify experience.
If you want, you can run individual modules and recover storage space by deleting duplicates, old unused files, large files, and old downloaded.
However, if you don’t want to use a product and just want to try manual steps, worry not.
We’ve got that too covered.
How to Manually Clean Spotify Cache File On Mac
To manually clean Spotify cache from Mac and fix the freezing, slow, and lagging Spotify, follow the steps below :
1. Exit Spotify. If you are not sure if it is running or not, head to Activity Monitor.
2. For this Open Finder > Go > Utilities > Activity Monitor
3. Look for Spotify and quit the process.
4. After this, relaunch Finder > Go > Go to Folder
5. Copy-paste ~/Library/Caches/com.spotify.client/ in Go to Folder and press Go.
6. Here, you will see a Browser folder, Data, fsCachedData, and other files. Select all the files and move to trash
7. Again go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder. This time type ~/Library/Application Support/Spotify/ > Go
8. Here, look for a file called perfs.
9. Open perfs in the text editor.
10. Go to the end of perfs file and copy-paste storage.size=1024. We are doing this to cap the size of the cache.
11. Save the file.
12. Select and delete the PersistentCache folder.
This is it. After performing these steps, we suggest rebooting Mac. Now try to load Spotify; you should not face any problem.
To fix Spotify running slow on Mac, you can use either of the ways. But remember manual way will only clean Spotify cache while the automatic way we use Disk Clean Pro will help optimize Mac and recover storage space. So, what are you waiting for? If you want a clean and optimized Mac without any issues, give Disk Clean Pro – the powerful and best Mac optimizer tool, a try.
Once you give it a try, share your feedback in the comments section.