What to do when the Acer monitor stops working, or it won’t power on?
Acer Monitor can stop working due to a number of issues this includes:
- Outdated or missing Acer drivers
- Inaccurate power supply
- Static electricity
- Broken power cords or adapters
- Hardware issues
To resolve this problem we bring for you a quick troubleshooting guide. I hope this helps get back your Acer Monitor in no time.
Acer Computer Monitor Not Powering
The basic step to address the Acer monitor not powering is to check the connections and power supply.
- Check the power strip by attaching the power cord into the wall, while doing so make sure the switch is not turned on.
- If this doesn’t work plug into another power source and see if there are any power lights.
- Reset the power by pressing and holding the power button for 30 seconds. After following this step reconnect the monitor and see if the monitor is powering on.
- In some monitors, there’s an internal battery. If you are using one such monitor, you need to reset the battery by pressing the battery pinhole. Make sure the monitor is u unplugged.
After following these steps check if the Acer monitor is working. If the other devices work on the same power supply, it can be a signal that the Acer power cable is faulty. If this is the case, replace the power cord.
Alternate technique: Test The Adaptor Cables
- Check signal cables and see if they are well connected. Make sure the pins are properly attached and there are no frayed wires.
- Try checking signal cables on another device and confirm if the issue is with a signal cable or not.
- Try replacing the cable to see if this helps. These cables are inexpensive, this means you can easily replace them.
Restore Acer Monitor Settings
Some Asus monitor has an OSD button you can press it to reset monitor settings.
To restore Acer monitor to factory settings press and hold the menu key. Next head to ‘System Setup,’ click on yes when prompted this will help restore Acer monitor to factory settings.
Graphics Card Driver Updates
In addition to this, if your graphics driver is missing or outdated, then also you can face the problem of the Acer monitor not working.
To resolve this you will need a driver updating tool that can help in getting the latest and most compatible drivers. For this, we recommend using Advanced Driver Updater.
It is one of the finest and the best driver updating tool with a huge database. It will not only install the most compatible graphics driver but will also check for other driver updates.
You can download it Today to save time and fix the Acer monitor not working and other related problems.
Jenny LassanMy monitor was purchased less than 2 months ago and all of a sudden the little blue light is on the bottom right but I plug in a hdmi cord and it won’t work.