How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10
There are 2 easy ways to view and know the Wi-Fi password. One is a simple trick while the other will make you look like a technical expert.
How To Check Wireless Internet Access Password On Windows 10
- In the search bar, type Wi-Fi Settings.
- Head to the Network and Sharing Center.
- Select the Wi-Fi network name and double click it.
- In the new window, click Wireless Properties > Security tab
- Check the box next to Show characters.
That’s it, using these steps on Windows 10 you can check the wireless password.
Now, let’s learn how to find the wireless password using cmd and via the Control Panel.
This guide is for Windows users. If you are a Mac user, you can check our article on how to find a Wi-Fi password on Mac.
Method 1: Checking Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10 via Control Panel
- Type Control Panel in Windows search box
- Click it from search results.
- Now click Network and Internet.
- In the new window that opens click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Now click on Change adapter settings option present in the left pane.
- Double click on Wi-Fi Network.
- Afterward, click Wireless Properties.
- Click the Security tab and check the box next to Show characters.
You’ll now be able to see the Wireless password.
Alternatively, you can use ncpa.cpl command. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys.
- Next in Run window enter ncpa.cpl and press Enter.
- This will open the Network Connections window. Here look for Wi-Fi
- Right-click it and select Status.
- In the new window, click Wireless Properties.
- Now, click the Security tab and check the box next to Show characters.
This will now show the broadband password on Windows 10.
Method 2: Seeing Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10 via cmd
- Type Command Prompt in Windows search window.
- Select Run as administrator from the right pane
- In the Command Prompt type netsh wlan show profiles and press Enter.
- You’ll now see the name of different Wi-Fi profiles added to your Windows 10 machine.
- Copy or write the name of the network you want to see a Wi-Fi password for.
- Next, type netsh wlan show profile name = “[name of the Wi-Fi profile we just copied]”key=clear and press enter.
- You’ll be able to see the Wi-Fi password under Key Content.
That’s all using these simple steps you will now be able to know the hidden wireless password on Windows 10. We understand remembering passwords for all your accounts isn’t easy. Therefore, to keep your passwords secure we recommend using a password manager like TweakPass.
This robust password manager uses AES-256 encryption to save all the passwords in a Secure Vault. Not only this, using it, but you can also generate complex and random passwords, save notes, and other personal information.
However, if nothing sounds like a game to you write down the passwords at a secure place. We do not recommend doing so, as it is not secure.
On this note, we come to the end of our how to find a Wi-Fi password on Windows 10. Hopefully, one of the methods listed above helps to see the wireless network password. Remember to use the above methods you don’t need an internet connection. This means you can use them anytime.
Happy checking Wi-Fi password on Windows 10. In case you face any problem, do let us know. Also, share your experience by leaving a comment below.