Thanks to technology, you don’t have to carry those heavy CD cases with you to a party. A tiny flash drive contains hundred times more songs than the old discs. Moreover, digital sound systems and music players have totally changed the term ‘Music’ in a better way. However, it is still tough to find and remove duplicate music files.
With the freedom of storage, we paid less attention to what is being stored and how many times. When you’ve got more than one file of the same song on your machine, it works no better than occupying space. Moreover, if you wish to delete duplicate music files, it is as hard as finding a needle in a haystack.
The treatment to delete duplicate music on Windows is to deploy a professional and dedicated tool that can go ahead clean the mess for you. Today, we’re going to talk about the best software to find and remove duplicate music files on Windows 10, Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.
Duplicate Music Fixer:
This is a dedicated program that focuses on eliminating duplicate music files on your computer. It performs a deep scan on your media files and finds the copies of your music files. It not only diminishes the media file redundancy but also allows you to clean duplicate music files. With Duplicate Music Fixer, you get a maintained music library with a lot of free space.
Duplicate Music Fixer is a free to download software that you can download from its official website. It is the best alternative that helps you save the time and efforts you put to find duplicate music files. Once the search is completed, you can delete similar music on Windows in blink of an eye.
Below is the method with screenshots to help you find duplicate music files and delete them:
- Download the Duplicate Music Fixer and install it on your computer.
2. Launch the tool and select the area to scan for duplicates. Here, you’re provided with a feature to exclude your desired locations.
3. Click on ‘Scan For Duplicates’ button at the right-hand side bottom corner of the Window.
4. Once the scan starts, wait for the results to come up as it might take some time, depending on the no. of files to scan. If you wish to perform other work, you can minimize the scanning window by clicking on the Minimize button.
5. When the scan completes, it shows you a list of files with their duplicates. You’re allowed to view the information about the file in the right when you select it from the list.
- Now, select the duplicate files in order to delete them, by clicking on the check boxes against them.
- After making the selection, click on the Delete Selected Items at the right-hand side bottom corner.
- Click on ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ according to your decision upon asked for confirmation.
- Wait for the delete process to end.
- It shows you a confirmation message, once the files have been deleted. You’ve saved some valuable time and priceless storage space.
Now that you’re aware of the tool, you don’t have to find duplicate music files manually and can save your efforts. Duplicate Music Fixer is a multi-tasker that helps you get rid of duplicate music files in no time.
Though there are various duplicate remover software, if you’re looking for something that deletes duplicate music on Windows, then Duplicate Music Fixer is for you. The tool offers to create a playlist that lets you listen to your favorite songs without repetition.
Overall, Duplicate Music Fixer is among the few tools that delete duplicate music on Windows computers through a simple interface. Its free edition lets you remove duplicate music files up to a limit, but once you’re registered, you can add tons of comfort to find duplicate music files and eliminate them.