Dark mode is in talks nowadays and many dark mode apps have been rolled out individually. Following this, the latest Android Operating System Android Q and Apple’s iOS 13 have started embracing the dark mode theme.
While it is possible to apply the dark mode to your entire Operating System, there are many apps along with Gmail for which you will have to do it manually. Gmail dark mode has been the most awaited setting for which both iOS and Android users have been waiting since the launch of new Operating Systems. Recently Google has been rolling out dark mode on Android 10 and dark mode on iOS 13 and will be available for all in a few weeks.
One of the major reasons behind the long wait for Gmail dark mode, and other dark mode Apps is that consumes less battery and hence you can have your phone running for a long time without charge, and it does not put a strain on your eyes during the night.
This article will guide you through the steps to enable Gmail dark mode on Android and iOS.
How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode On Android:
After a long wait, Google has finally rolled out the Gmail dark mode on Android. There are many apps that adapt the dark theme when you enable it for your Android device; however, for Gmail dark mode on Android, you will have to do more. Let’s see how you can do this.
- On your Android device, navigate to the Gmail app. Make sure it is updated if not, update it from Google Play Store.
- Once you have the updated Gmail app on your Android 10, open it and click on the hamburger icon on the top left corner of the app.
- Here, scroll down and click on Settings, this will open the Settings of the Gmail app.
- From Settings, click on General settings.
- From General Settings, click on Theme.
- Finally, click on Dark.
Following these steps, you can easily enable the Gmail dark mode on Android.
In case you also wish to apply the dark mode on Android as a default setting you can perform these steps.
How to Enable Dark Mode on Android As Default:
For the apps that automatically take the dark mode setting when applied as a default setting to your Android device, you can follow the steps below to enable dark mode on Android:
- On your Android device, navigate to Settings.
- From the System Settings, look for Display and click on it.
- From the Display Settings, locate Dark theme and toggle it on.
Following these steps, any user can enable dark mode on Android as a default setting.
Next, we will see how one can turn Gmail dark mode in iOS 13.
How to Enable Gmail Dark Mode In iOS 13:
If you are using iOS 13 and have applied the dark mode in iOS as a default setting which can be done by navigating to Settings > Display & Brightness > Dark, Gmail dark mode will be applied on an automatic basis when rolled by Google.
However, you can also set it manually, let’s see how you can do it:
- Open the Gmail app on your iOS device running iOS 13.
- From the top left corner, click on the Hamburger icon.
- Scroll down and locate Settings, click on it.
- From the Settings window, look for Theme and click on it.
- Finally, tap on Dark to enable Gmail dark mode in iOS 13.
While people have been using the light mode on their smartphones for a very long time, with the advent of a dark mode on Android and iOS, they can now change the light mode to the dark theme and can easily save battery life as well as put less stress to their eyes.