Amazon Prime is a great initiative from Amazon. It offers a number of perks like free two-day shipping (and even same-day delivery at some places), Prime Video and Amazon Music. Using these add-ons, you can enjoy watching your favorite shows, movies and can listen to your favorite music on the go.
Even after all this, if you might want to cancel Prime membership or delete Amazon Prime account you can do it anytime you want.
Follow the steps below to cancel Amazon Prime membership and delete the Amazon Prime account.
But before that, here are the answers to some important questions:
What will you lose when you cancel Amazon Prime Account or Delete Amazon Account?
To access Amazon’s services like Audible, Amazon.com. Amazon.co.uk we need Amazon account. If you cancel or delete it, you’ll no longer be able to use any of the services or add-ons. Further, the following benefits will also be discarded:
- Access to Amazon.com and international stores like Amazon.co.uk is blocked
- Amazon-owned sites like Audible.com etc become unreachable
- Amazon Pay account gets closed.
- All open orders are null and void
- No longer you will be able to use Amazon gift card balance.
- All returns, replacement or refund requests aren’t entertained.
- Digital content like videos, music, eBooks are removed.
- Amazon deletes all customer data including purchase history.
- All reviews, discussion posts, photos uploaded on Amazon will also be removed.
In a nutshell, you’ll lose access to everything owned by Amazon. Therefore, think twice before taking this unusual and serious step of deleting the Amazon account.
After knowing all this, if your mind has changed and just want to cancel the Amazon Prime account, instead of deleting it, use the following steps:
How to call off Amazon Prime membership?
- Head to Amazon.com
- Login to your account
- Now, hover over your name > click Your Prime Membership
- On the left side of the page, you’ll get an option End Membership and Benefits. Click it.
- Amazon will try to keep you on board. If you have decided that you want to cancel Prime membership scroll down and click, I Do Not Want My Benefits.
You did it your Amazon Prime account will now be deleted.
Using these simple steps, you can cancel the Amazon Prime account. However, to learn in detail how to delete the Amazon account and delete the Prime account read further.
How to delete Amazon account 2020?
To close or delete Amazon account you’ll need to contact Amazon via online chat or can call customer service at 888-280-4331 and ask the representative to delete Amazon account.
Step delete Amazon account
- Open Amazon.com
- Login to your account
- Click Customer Service.
- This will give you a new page with two options – chat or call.
- Choose either of the ones and raise the request to delete the Amazon account.
- After this, you will receive an email with a set of instructions on your registered email address follow them to delete the Amazon account and you’ll be good to go.
This way you can delete your Amazon account. Remember once Amazon account is deleted you will be unable to access any service owned by Amazon.
However, if you only want to cancel Amazon Prime membership, follow the steps below & cancel Amazon Prime membership.
How to cancel Amazon Prime membership?
- Log in to your Amazon account.
- Once there click Account & Lists > Your Prime Membership.
- In the consecutive window look for Payment History option > End Membership and Benefits.
- Click to proceed. However, if there is a change of plan exit Amazon account.
- Upon clicking End Membership and Benefits, you’ll be redirected to a new page. Amazon will try to persuade, however, if you just want to cancel Amazon Prime membership scroll down and click, I Do Not Want My Benefits.
- Amazon will now show you a confirmation box to make sure you want to cancel Prime membership. Click Continue to Cancel and Cancel Membership on the two following screens.
This way you will be able to cancel your Prime membership.
Important Note: According to Amazon, if a user pays for Prime membership but has never used it can get will get a full refund. However, those who have used it can get a partial refund. The said terms are subjected to change.
In addition to this, if you have any other memberships in conjunction with Prime, they will also get canceled once Prime membership is revoked.
What all ends with Prime membership?
Benefits like music, book downloads, videos all will be discarded once Amazon Prime membership is canceled.
Can I get a refund of my Amazon Prime membership if I cancel it?
If you haven’t used your Prime membership you are eligible for a full refund. However, if you have paid and used the account within three days you can cancel the membership to get a refund.
Can I get more than one free trial of Amazon Prime?
No, that’s not possible because Amazon offers one trial membership to each customer and once that expired to reuse it customers need to pay.
How do I know when my Prime membership ends?
To know when your Prime membership ends head to Amazon account. Sign in > click Account & Lists > Your Prime Membership. Now, look at the left side of the new window. Here you will be able to when your Prime membership or trial ends.
There you have it! This was everything you would want to know about how to delete the Amazon account and cancel Prime membership. If you have any other questions you can leave us a comment. Your feedback is valuable.
Meta: Want to get a clean slate and delete the amazon account. Here’s a quick guide to delete the Amazon account and cancel Prime membership.
Jayne JonesI want to change my prime account but I can’t logon Thanks