Using Apple devices for a long time and have the same Apple id from start? You may have realized that you need to change your email account associated with Apple ID as you might no longer use it. We use Apple ID for many things such as purchasing applications, music and shows etc. and all transaction details are forwarded to that email account you no longer have access to. Thankfully, it is quite easy to change your email id associated with Apple ID. Read the below steps to find out how.
- Go to web browser on any device and go the website AppleID.Apple.com.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- Now you need to give the answers of security questions you have set earlier. Answer the questions and proceed further.
- You will be on the next page where you will see all the information and devices associated with your Apple account.
- Next Click on Edit under Account section and then Change Email Address under Apple ID.
- Enter a new email address. This email account should not be associated with any other Apple ID.
- Now Click on continue after entering email address.
- Next you will be prompted to enter verification code which you will get on your new email address. After entering verification code click Verify.
- Once you have verified the email address click on Done.
Presto! You have successfully changed email account associated with your Apple ID. So now do not worry if you cannot access to your old email account. All you need to remember the answer to these security questions and you can change the email address associated with Apple id anytime.