Notepad is a simple text editor that has been included in every version of Windows since its inception. It’s a go-to application for many people who need to quickly jot down notes, create a to-do list, or make changes to a file. While Notepad may be simple, it is still a powerful tool, and with Windows 11, it has received an update that includes the ability to enable Dark Mode. In this article, we’ll show you how to enable Dark Mode for Notepad on Windows 11.
Enable Notepad Dark Mode On Windows 11
With the latest version of Windows, users can now enjoy the benefits of dark mode just like they did on Windows 10. So, if you’re using Windows 11 and want to turn on dark mode in Notepad, you have a few options to choose from. Here’s how you can enable and customize dark mode in Notepad on your Windows 11 system.
Writer’s Tip: It’s important to make sure that your PC is running on the latest OS build and has all the necessary updates installed before proceeding with any changes.
1. Enable Dark Mode on Notepad Through Windows Settings
For users who prefer a system-wide dark mode, Windows 11 allows you to change the settings to enable dark mode for all apps that support it, including Notepad. By adjusting the dark mode settings in Windows, you can enjoy a consistent and cohesive look across your entire system.
- Press the Windows key with the key I to open Windows Settings.
- Now click on the Personalization
- From the right side of the pane, tap on Colors.
- On the Colors page, tap on the drop-down arrow icon right in front of Choose your mode
- Then choose Dark from the drop-down menu.
Once you’ve enabled system-wide dark mode, the changes will be applied across all compatible applications, including Notepad. Enjoy the dark mode experience across your entire Windows 11 system.
2. Enable Dark Mode on Notepad Through Notepad Settings
If you’re looking to activate dark mode solely for the Notepad application, to do so follow these simple steps:
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and tap on New from the drop-down menu. and click on Text Document to open the Notepad app.
- From the top-right corner click on the Gear(Settings)
- Now select the App theme
- Then, just choose the Dark from the given options.
To Wrap This Up
Enabling Notepad Dark Mode in Notepad on Windows 11 is a quick and easy process that can be completed in just a few steps. With Dark Mode enabled, you’ll be able to work more comfortably, reduce eye strain, and give Notepad a modern and stylish look.