A great video converter allows users to convert any video file into any desired format for a hassle-free watching and file sharing experience.
We’ve tested and ranked this Best Video Conversion Software for Mac (2023) ¸ so that individuals can easily transform and save clips in any file format you wish to playback on any device. A quick Google search reveals a variety of Paid & Free Mac Video Converter Apps that works fast, have a user-friendly interface and holds strong capabilities to convert video files to put an end to all kinds of compatibility issues.
What Factors Should Be Considered While Choosing A Perfect Video Converter Program?
We’ve curated our list of “best video converting utilities” by keeping the following criteria in mind:
- Intuitive dashboard for beginners to manage.
- Yields high-quality video output.
- Provides fast file conversion.
- Supports a wide selection of output file formats.
- Budget-friendly solution.
Top 3 WeTheGeek’s Recommendation = Best Mac Video Conversion Utility
Best Video Converter For Mac (2023): Features, Pros, Cons & Price
Following is a handpicked list of top paid & free video conversion programs with their features, advantages, disadvantages & pricing models.
1. Wondershare UniConverter
Wondershare UniConverter is a full-fledged video conversion tool that harbors advanced editing features to cater to a variety of needs. You can rely on UniConverter to choose from a wide array of video file formats, such as MPEG, MKV, AVI, MOV, MPF, and more. What’s more? It can effortlessly deal with 4K conversions without any hiccups.
FEATURES: Wondershare UniConverter
- Can convert videos to over 1,000 file formats.
- Includes a dedicated disc burner within the app.
- Provides a Screen Recorder, GIF Maker & tools to fix metadata.
- Batch video/audio compression is supported.
- Proffers customized presets to share videos directly to YouTube & other platforms.
- Clear & straightforward interface.
- Ensures fast conversions.
- Best video output quality.
- Does 4K video conversions without any hassles.
- Expensive than its competitors.
2. VideoProc Converter
VideoProc Converter is a one-stop solution if you are looking for a high-speed media conversion program. The application brings a perfect blend of video converter, audio converter, and DVD converter. VideoProc Converter peaks Hardware Acceleration fully powered by mainstream GPUs and Apple M1, delivering a high-speed transcoding process without compromising quality. Moreover, you can utilize this best video conversion program to download online video clips and convert them into any desired file format.
FEATURES: VideoProc Converter
- Supports 420+ codecs and formats for media conversion, including H.265/HEVC.
- Comes with an Auto-Copy mode to demux and remux without quality loss.
- Batch conversion supported.
- Provides basic editing features, including split, trim, crop, merge, etc.
- Serves as a DVD converter, recorder, and downloader as well.
Intuitive and novice-friendly interface.
Faster processing speed with Hardware Acceleration.
Handles large 4K/HDR and even 8K resolution easily.
Much cheaper than its competitors with good customer support.
The trial version is free for files under 5 minutes.
Handbrake is one of the simplest video converter applications designed for Mac users. The versatile video transcode is available for free and supports cross-platform. You can utilize the utility to render basic video conversion without any hassles. Handbrake is highly compatible with a wide range of output formats, such as MOV, MP4, MPEG, M4V, etc.
- Solid range of editing options.
- Allows users to add subtitles & audio tracks.
- Capability to customize frame rates.
- Easily change video codec.
- Provides tons of pre-sets for instant video conversion.
- No Ads & upsells.
- Easily handle 4K resolution.
- Open-source & completely free.
- Basic video conversion tool, suitable for newbies.
- User interface is a bit
- Slow conversion rate as compared to other options.
Must-Read: 15 Best Video Player Apps For Mac
4. Any Video Converter
Any Video Converter is the best video conversion tool in the market that comes with a minimalist dashboard with a variety of advanced features to produce high-quality results. The video converter program is capable of batch processing and converting multiple files at a time. It even helps users to extract audio from video and handle 4K resolution without hassles.
FEATURES: Any Video Converter
- Capable of extracting audio files from your videos.
- Tools to add special effects to your video clips.
- The application supports burning videos to blu ray discs.
- It can also download & convert videos from Facebook, Vimeo, Metacafe & more.
- Provides decent quality output.
- Supports 100+ input formats.
- Paid version supports burning to disc.
- Can handle video formats up to 4K resolution.
- Needs a bit of a learning curve to use
- File conversion speed isn’t that great, to be honest!
5. PowerDirector 365
PowerDirector 365, designed & developed by CyberLink is a powerful video editing and conversion software highly compatible with Mac, Windows, Android & iOS platforms. The application brings a complete toolkit for fixing lightning adjustments, fisheye distortion, denoise audio, and managing white balance effortlessly.
FEATURES: PowerDirector 365
- Comes with a video collage creator.
- Provide features of the Green Screen.
- Has tons of readymade templates to produce high-quality results.
- Comes with an advanced Chroma Key Engine to remove background & highlight main objects.
- Flexible plans available.
- Intuitive dashboard.
- Has all the essential tools to edit & convert clips.
- Comes with a growing library of design packs.
- Poor customer support.
Affiliate link: https://www.cyberlink.com/cyberlink-affiliate-program
6. Movavi Video Converter
Movavi Video Converter is a complete package of advanced video editing and conversion utilities, designed for professionals & freelancers. The application offers high-quality outputs and robust video conversion speed along with a wide range of pre-configured profiles to select from.
FEATURES: Movavi Video Converter
- Allows you to transfer, edit & convert videos within seconds.
- Can convert to over 180 videos, audio, and image formats.
- Allows you to rotate, crop, merge, compress videos without any quality loss.
- Comes with a Convert Sample feature that saves you time by showing what the result will be like.
- Can manage 4K resolution video files.
- Offers a 7-day free trial.
- Ad-free program & no upsells.
- Plenty of preset profiles.
- A limited set of features in the free version.
Wrapping Up: Best Video Conversion Tools For Mac (2023)
We hope the aforementioned options will make things easier for you while editing and converting small or large video clips. All of the listed Mac Video Converter Apps have multiple benefits and receive frequent updates to improve the user’s experience. If you ask for our recommendation, we suggest using Wondershare UniConverter, which can solve almost all your video-related needs. Be it converting clips into multiple formats simultaneously or, compressing video files according to your needs. The application even helps in screen capturing with audio and supports converting DVDs to any format as well.
If you have any suggestions for the best video converter for Mac, do mention them in the comments section below!