Photos have become an integral part of life, which got powered by dedicated cameras in your smartphones. Now that you don’t have to buy expensive cameras and then carry them with you, smartphones have made it easier to not just click pictures but also to edit them the way you want. One of the editing in demand these days is to stitch photos together.
Photo stitching is a process of merging multiple photos to create one single wide or long picture. When you need to create a panorama picture, you can use a photo stitching application or simply download a panorama stitching software. In this article, we’re going to shed some light on the 10 best photo stitching software that you can download.
What is Photo Stitching Tool?
A photo stitching tool allows you to merge multiple photos to create one meaningful image. It is highly used to create panorama pictures that has wide width to showcase more sight of the scene.
By choosing a best photo stitching app, you can create your own panorama pictures on your Windows computer in no time. It is important to know that photo stitching apps are different than photo merging apps since stitching apps concentrate more on creating panorama pictures and contain features to accommodate panorama specific requirements.
What are the Best Photo Stitching Software for Windows?
Although, there are myriads of application that facilitate you to stitch photos and create a panorama image. However, only a few can make it to the list when it’s about being the best. Today, we’re going to shed some light over 10 best photo stitching apps for Windows:
1. Image Composite Editor
Image Composite Editor is one of the best panorama stitching software for free that is designed and developed by Microsoft Research Computational Photography Group. This dedicated panorama image creator develops a high definition panorama when you provide it with multiple overlapping photographs of a specific scene shot from a single camera location.
Features of Image Composite Editor:
- Automatic image completion, adds missing pixels on the image.
- Easy design and user interface makes sure that you can accomplish more work in less efforts.
- Full resolution preview presents a projected image to let you know the progress of your working project.
- The tool is able to read raw images with the help of WIC codecs.
- Automatic cropping lets you have the maximum image area with minimum cuts.
- ICE supports a range of formats including, JPEG XR, JPEG, TIFF, BMP, PNG, PSD and Silverlight.
- You can adjust panorama rotation with its Orientation tool.
Must Read: Best Free Photo Organizing Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
Hugin is one of the best photo stitching software that uses minimum resources creating a panorama image. The tool is loaded with all the necessary features in its user-friendly interface that require least of your efforts to generate a greater outcome. Hugin may not appear very conspicuous compared to other such tools but the design is made to work faster using least resources. Also, you’ve got every feature available right there, which you would find in any attractive panorama image creator app.
Features of Hugin:
- Hugin is a dedicated panorama stitching software for free.
- It uses minimum resources and goes light weighted on processor.
- Easy to use user interface makes it handy to process panorama image.
- It lets you stitch any series of overlapping images to generate panorama.
As the name suggests, Autostitch can create a panorama image without the need of any human intervention. Just load the overlapping images and wait for the magic to happen. Autostitch is a 2D fully automatic photo stitching software, which is a product of breakthrough technology for panorama photography, visualization apps and VRs. The magical feature of taking care of everything automatically is the result of its building using the cutting-edge research from the AI lab at UBC. However, the criticality used in building this app makes sure that it is easy to use, which you can feel while using.
Features of Autostitch:
- Provides a complete automatic mechanism to create panorama images.
- Easy to use interface to expedite the outcome.
- Automatically finds matches in images using the SIFT algorithm.
- The tool can start working even from unordered collection of images.
4. Kolor Autopano:
Kolor Autopano is a professional photo stitching app that delivers high end output to your photo stitching. It is also one of the most advanced image assembly applications that is loaded with a plethora of features to simplify panorama for you. The tool comes handy on your Windows computer delivering outstanding performance. The great perk of Autopano is that it is available for all the major platforms like Android, Mac and Linux.
Features of Kolor Autopano:
- Kolor Autopano makes it easy for you to execute your tasks with its intuitive interface.
- Autopano employs the assembly engine technology using the SIFT algorithm.
- When there’s a discrepancy in the colors of the scene captures, the color correction engine works to take care of the issue.
- The tool comes with almost 10 projections for you to choose for you image.
Also Read: Best Photo Collage Maker Software For Windows
PTGui started as Graphical User Interface for Panorama Tools, which is a panoramic image stitching software for Windows and Mac platforms. What makes PTGui one of the best photo stitching software is its speed that uses OpenCL GPU acceleration to stitch a 1 Gigapixel panorama in just 25 seconds. Also, it is one of the few tools that use automatic overlap of images using its own algorithm, but it makes sure that you’ve got complete control over the procedure.
Features of PTGui:
- PTGui works at an incompatible speed with higher accuracy that is powered by its automatic overlapping algorithm.
- You can create a 360 x 180-degree panorama for both embedding on web page or local viewing.
- PTGui lays complete support for HDR (high dynamic range) photography without any additional tool.
- By using its little planet feature, you can explore your creativity by developing a equirectangular.
6. ArcSoft Panorama Maker:
ArcSoft is a one stop solution for not just panorama stitching but also other professional editing tasks. The tool comes handy when you’re looking for a tool that can deliver a comprehensive stitching technology for smartphones, digital cameras etc. ArcSoft is capable to integrate high speed burst capture mode with up to 4K resolution. Another great thing about ArcSoft Panorama Maker is that its stitching algorithm is optimized for low, mid and high-end hardware platforms.
Features of ArcSoft Panorama Maker:
- The tool provides 360-degree panorama capture.
- Anti-Ghosting technology defines the captured image.
- The tool delivers high quality images that are blur free.
- Delivers real time performance with minimum power consumption.
7. Affinity Photo:
Affinity Photo makes it to the list of best photo stitching apps that you can download. It is a dedicated and professional tool that executes the process to generate a meaningful output with its sharp features majoring panorama images. Also, Affinity Photo allows you to make pro level changes and correction adjustments, which you can only find in expensive high-end software. If you’re a fan of filters and effects, the tool carries a gift of customizable filters and real time effects that you can add to your projects.
Feature of Affinity Photo:
- Affinity Photo comes with an advanced stitching algorithm, automatic image alignment and full perspective corrections.
- The tool provides platform for Raw editing, HDR merging, Pro retouching over images and focus stacking.
- Affinity supports batch processing to save time and efforts.
- Refinement algorithm lets you have a taste of next level accuracy and sharpness.
Must Read: 21 Best Adobe Photoshop Plugins To Save Your Time
If you’re looking for a dedicated and professional panorama stitching software, Panoweaver is for you. The tool is able to create panorama picture in just one click. You just have to simply import the photos from your local directory and the tool uses it automatic stitching algorithm to work. You may also customize the way you wish it to be by resizing, HDR generating, defragging etc. Also, you may choose to have from a variety of panorama shapes like spherical, single fisheye, cubic, cylindrical etc.
Features of Panoweaver:
- Easy interface to launch and generate panorama image in just one click with automatic overlapping algorithm.
- Offers customized process to generate panorama.
- Batch stitching feature to save time and effort.
- Masking feature allows to retouch your images even after the panorama has been create.
PhotoStitcher is a compact tool that is intended to stitch multiple photos to create one defined panoramic image. If you’re looking for the best panorama stitching software for free, PhotoStitcher is for you. The tools are smart enough to even scan the oversize images and then process them by piecing and stitching together. Also, PhotoStitcher lets you use its automatic photo overlapping technique that saves you from putting extra efforts.
Features of PhotoStitcher:
- Intriguing and user-friendly UI delivering high end panoramic images.
- Automatic photo overlapping to generate a quality panorama image with professional cropped photos.
- Oversize scanner to cut down the pieces and stitch it together.
- PhotoStitcher adds missing pixels to get an automatic image completion.
10. Adobe Lightroom CC:
Adobe never goes unseen when it is related to photo editing, and there you’ve Adobe Lightroom CC that provides photo stitching as one of its features. Now that the product comes from an organization having fame in photo-based industry, Lightroom makes stitching as simple as any other feature. It processes your stitching using the automatic overlapping algorithm, which makes sure that there’s minimum human intervention. However, the end product is much appreciated for its quality.
Features of Adobe Lightroom CC:
- Dedicated image editing tool with a plethora of options and features specially designed for it.
- User friendly interface that delivers easy to understand command buttons to execute faster and promptly.
- Provides 1TB of cloud storage for all your projects.
- Offers to transform your images with Photoshop CC.
Also Read: Best Free Photo Slideshow Software For Windows
Overall, there are many panorama-stitching software for free that you can download and create the picture of your choice. It is important that you click photos that you wish to stitch together in a way that they are easy to adjust.
You may download the best photo stitching app listed above from their official websites. In case you face difficulty using panorama stitching app, you may find its tutorial online and get started. If you wish to share some tips and tricks regarding these apps, do let us know in the comments below.