An app notification keeps you notified of the action that has happened in an app even if it is not running. You are prompted by the way of alerts, statuses, or messages to know the whereabouts of an app. For example, you might want to be notified of a new video released on YouTube by your favorite creator or get your daily dose of fresh news. And, while your Android smartphone’s own notification feature does a decent job at providing you notifications, a third-party notification app for Android can be a lot more beneficial.
Here are some features you can expect from an Android notification app –
- Automate how you handle notifications – hide, copy, remove, etc.
- Keep notifications organized in one place.
- Some apps even come with sensors that pop up the notification, the moment you take your smartphone out of your pocket.
- Perform actions on notifications in bulk.
- Align notifications with Do Not Disturb mode. In this case, notifications will be shut off completely.
- Save statuses and chats from popular messaging platforms.
7 Best Notification Apps For Android
|Name of The App||Rating||Download Link|
|STFO – Smart Notification Manager||4.5||Get here|
|Notification Blocker & Cleaner||4.4||Get here|
|FilterBox notification manager||4.2||Get here|
|Glimpse Notifications||4.1||Get here|
|NotifyBuddy – Notification LED||4.0||Get here|
It touts itself as a smart notification manager, and rightly so. It doesn’t just play the role of a notification manager app but even a cleaner, assistant, and blocker. It ensures that you receive only important notifications. The rest of the notifications will be hidden. It uses on-device machine learning to get rid of notifications that you don’t need.
- AI-powered notification assistant.
- Read deleted chats from messengers like WhatsApp, Messenger, Instagram, etc.
- Categorize apps into the show and hide.
- Choose to block group chat notifications from Android messengers such as WhatsApp, Instagram, Messenger, etc.
- Summarize important notifications.
2. STFO – Smart Notification Manager
STFO is one of the best notification apps for Android. It helps you filter out notifications and also set custom actions as and when you get notifications. You can select the apps whose notifications you want to see. Apart from setting custom rules to steer clear of unwanted notifications, STFO also lets you pick from universal readymade rules.
- Create custom rules for notifications.
- Replace notification to hide it from others.
- Automatically reply to a notification.
- When DND is switched on the app will turn off notifications.
- Get reminders for important notifications.
3.Notification Blocker & Cleaner
It is one of the highest-rated notification apps for Android. This lightweight Android notification manager app helps you remove redundant notifications thereby cleaning up your notifications bar with one tap. In a way, it helps prevent your phone from slowing down by keeping it free from annoying notifications.
- Collect redundant notifications in one notification bar and clean them with one tap.
- Unblock/ block notifications for all applications in batches.
- Hide ongoing notifications such as “running in the background”
- Minimal memory usage.
- Watch notification logs that are saved by your system.
4. FilterBox notification manager
FilterBox is yet another great Android notification manager app. It has a neat and streamlined interface. You can add personalized filter rules to dismiss, mute or postpone notifications. It keeps all the notification history in the form of a timeline. One of the best aspects of Filterbox is that you can restore all those notifications that you may have accidentally missed.
- Notification history is shown in form of a timeline.
- Customize rules for notifications – mute, dismiss, change the sound, etc.
- Hide sensitive notifications.
- See statistics related to the notifications you have received.
- Restore notifications accidentally deleted.
5. Glimpse Notifications
This notification app for Android removes the need to press the power button every time a notification occurs. You would relate to this as an ex-iPhone user. It has a test mode where a new notification is sent to you in nine seconds and even if you have turned off your screen, it will turn back on automatically.
- The smartphone’s screen turns on discreetly as soon as a notification arrives.
- Control how long you want to show the lock screen.
- DND mode supported.
- App notices motion detection to check if there is a new notification.
- Energy efficient app.
Another notification app for Android that provides LED notifications is NotifyBuddy. Additionally, you can get customizable edge lighting on your phone as soon as you’ll receive notifications. For that, you will have to install a separate app from the Google Play Store. You can easily choose apps whose notifications you want.
- Change LED color and position.
- Choose apps for which you want notifications.
- Get notifications for missed calls.
- Add downtime.
- Change LED size (premium feature)
Notisave is yet another great notification manager app for Android. One of the highlights of this app is that it automatically keeps all the notifications and saves them in a single place. Furthermore, you can tap on the bell icon in order to completely mute a notification. The notifications from the selected apps will be blocked on the status bar and you can block notifications from multiple apps.
- Autosave notifications from messages, images from messengers, and even WhatsApp statuses.
- Keep notifications in one place.
- Read chats while not showing the “read mark”
- Block notifications from apps you don’t want to see.
- Save apps and messengers whose notifications you want to see.
Which of the above Android notification manager app is your favorite? Or, do you use a different app to make your life simpler around Android notifications? Do let us know in the comments section below. For more such content, keep reading WeTheGeek. You can also find us on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Flipboard, and Twitter.