On Tuesday, Apple unveiled its most recent macOS version, dubbed Sonoma in honor of the gorgeous region of Northern California. The new macOS 14 ‘Sonoma’ is now accessible for all Macs that it supports. Apple infuses a touch more iOS essence into the Mac with the release of macOS Sonoma. This update introduces a slew of new functional improvements and quality-of-life enhancements compared to macOS Ventura. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of downloading it and outline the essential requirements.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
Apple macOS 14 Sonoma Unveiled – Get the Download Details Here!
This update ushers in a plethora of fresh features. Among the most conspicuous ones are the introduction of new desktop widgets, Game Mode tailored for Apple Silicon-powered Macs, enhancements in videoconferencing, and a multitude of other exciting additions.
While installing it on your Mac is straightforward, the process may not be immediately obvious to everyone, particularly newcomers to Macs. Therefore, we’ve prepared an in-depth guide on downloading macOS Sonoma to help you through the process.
Here is the list of the Macs that will get the macOS 14 Sonoma update. Is Your Mac on the List?
- MacBook Pro – 2018 and later
- MacBook Air – 2018 and later
- Mac Mini – 2018 and later
- Mac Pro – 2019 and later
- Mac Studio – 2022 and later
- iMac Pro – 2017
- iMac – 2019 and later
Consider the Following Points Before Downloading and Installing macOS Sonoma:
- A strong internet connection should be present on your Mac.
- Before beginning the download, make sure your Mac is at least 50% charged.
- Before beginning the installation procedure, close all applications.
- It’s common for macOS upgrades to be large sized, so it’s important to be prepared for the download to potentially take a significant amount of time.
- The file size for macOS Sonoma is 7.7 GB, so it’s essential to ensure that you have sufficient available storage space to accommodate it.
Read Also: How To Make Your Windows 11 Look Like macOS
How to Download and Install macOS Sonoma –
Step 1: Open the System Settings of your Mac.
Step 2: Go to General then click on Software Update.
Step 3: When the macOS Sonoma update becomes available, simply click on ‘Upgrade Now’ to begin the installation process.
Step 4: Accept the terms and then enter your password to proceed with the installation.
Step 5: Restart your Mac after the installation of macOS Sonoma.
Prior to downloading macOS Sonoma, it’s important that you back up your Mac. This precaution will safeguard your data in case any issues arise during installation, preventing potential data loss.