Ever felt like working with a PDF on the go? Imagine being asked to sign a PDF document, add more pages or even annotate PDFs when you don’t have a computer or laptop or while you are traveling. If this all looks a little impossible, here are some of the best PDF creator apps for Android.
What is a PDF Creator App for Android?
As the name suggests, a PDF creator app lets you create PDF documents on your Android smartphone. Here are some tasks that you can do with the help of a PDF creator for Android –
- Create PDF from ground up.
- Annotate PDF using several elements such as shapes, highlights, lines, etc.
- Generate PDFs from various file formats such as Excel, Word..
- Add and remove pages.
- Compress the size of documents.
- Merge and split PDFs
- Password protect PDFs.
What is A PDF Creator for Android?
1. Foxit PDF Editor
Foxit PDF Editor is one of the highest-rated PDF creator apps on Google Play Store. This AI powered PDF creator lets you create PDFs from scratch for which you can use the features as mentioned below. While it offers various features in its free variant, there are multiple advanced features that you can get access to after you have opted for the premium subscription.
- Create PDF from multiple file formats like Microsoft Office, text, image, etc.
- Add annotations and stamps to your PDF documents.
- Edit PDF documents, insert audio files, videos, and other elements.
- Combine several PDFs to create one single PDF.
- Various options to sign and protect PDF documents.
- Some users have observed that switching between tabs can be slow.
Next on our list of PDF creator apps for Android is PDFelement. It is an AI-powered PDF editor that is easy to use and lets you read, annotate, and sign your PDF files in a hassle-free manner. Unlike many PDF editors and creators that make accessing PDFs a mess on smartphones, PDFelement offers “Liquid Mode” for an eBook-like experience.
- There are several options with which you can create blank PDFs and even customize them.
- Highlight and annotate PDFs.
- Edit PDFs and add elements such as text, images and shapes.
- Merge and combine PDFs.
- Various AI features include translating, summarizing, proofreading, or even chatting with PDF using AI.
- Users have faced issues while saving highlights.
3. Xodo PDF Reader and Editor
Xodo PDF Editor is an all-in-one PDF editor tool with which you can edit, compress, convert, and sign PDF files anywhere anytime. It easily lets you view, edit, and annotate your PDF documents right from the comfort of your Android phone. One of the best aspects of Xodo PDF is that you can sync your files in the cloud (you have the option of Xodo’s native cloud and other storage mediums)
- Merge several PDFs into one.
- Split and extract PDFs.
- Add, remove, rotate, rearrange, and crop PDF pages.
- Compress PDF and reduce its size before sharing.
- Great at converting scanned images to PDFs.
- Occasional issues with the OCR functionality.
4. Adobe Acrobat Reader
It is the world’s most trusted PDF reader and editor. With Adobe Acrobat Reader you can view, share, annotate, fill and sign forms, and do so much more. The premium subscription lets you edit images and texts and even lets you combine many PDF documents. Not only that, you can convert files from other formats to PDFs.
- Various options to edit PDFs.
- Create PDFs from multiple file types.
- Compress PDF documents.
- Protect PDF documents with passwords.
- Liquid mode for optimal viewing experience.
- Many features are only available in the premium version.
iLovePDF is one of the best PDF creator apps that even lets you create PDFs right from the scratch. At the outset, you can modify the orientation of your PDF, change the page color and size and decide how many pages you wish to insert. Apart from PDF creation, iLovePDF comes with a host of other features such as converting various file formats to PDF, annotating them, & OCR functionality, etc.
- Annotate documents, leave comments, draw images, and even choose the format of annotation.
- Create PDF from multiple file formats such as JPG, MS Office documents, etc.
- Add page numbers to your PDFs and customize them.
- Password-protected PDFs.
- Add images or texts as a watermark on your PDFs
- Beginner users might take some time to get a hang of the interface.
6. PDF Creator
PDF Creator is quite aptly named as it offers you everything with which you can create PDF documents ground up. It might not be as feature-rich as some other apps mentioned on this list but, unlike many other PDF creators, the app is not dependent on the internet and hence, lets you create PDFs online.
- Scan text on your document.
- Change the document margin as per your need.
- Choose between various fonts.
- Copy, paste, or write rich text from anywhere into the app.
- Occasional lags.
Choose Your PDF Companion On Android and Redefine Productivity
With a PDF creator app on your Android device you can enhance your on-the-go productivity. Whether crafting documents from scratch, annotating with precision, or merging files seamlessly, these apps redefine convenience. Now, armed with some of the finest options, it’s your turn to select the one made for your needs. Elevate your mobile document game and dive into a world where PDF creation is as effortless as a few taps. Follow us on social media – Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.