Amidst hectic lifestyle, stress is inevitable!! Hence, discovering various stress and coping mechanism for instant relaxation is a necessity. Playing video games can be one of them that comes in different genres like shooting games, car racing, strategy games etc. As far as strategy games are concerned, it demands patience and intelligence. In this blog, we are covering the best offline strategy games for Android.
Strategy games help improves concentration and memory, help develop problem-solving skills, enhances creativity. If you are into this genre, then dive into the world of Android smartphone strategy games with touch-based interface along with the ability to playing short bursts of gameplay. You do not need internet or group of players, just download the game on your device and start playing.
Benefits of Strategy Games
Apart from expanding concentration and memory and augmenting creativity, these games are useful in the development of problem-solving skills, improves skills in academic subjects, increases projection skills, logic, and reasoning along with problem solving skills. It also augments your observational skills and helps you relax.
Best Offline Strategy Games for Android
In this blog, let us take a look at 10 best Android strategy games offline that is ruling the market.
XCOM: Enemy Within
This game has grabbed 2012 strategy game of the year. Its latest features are mind-blowing and hence, highly recommended. You will get the opportunity to explore extra-terrestrial technology for advancing your gameplay competencies. Genetically modified soldiers and robotic cybersuits along with highly engineered weapons are the specialities of this game and hence is the best offline strategy games for Android.
- Innovative alien technology and incredible soldier abilities
- Highly engineered weapons and supportive team
- Encounter lethal enemies and fight against the evil organization called EXALT.
- Secure Meld, the treasured alien resource to unlock levels
- Defend XCOM headquarters from alien attack and threats hidden in wild fishing village
Develop your custom squad to win matches
Plants vs. Zombie 2
Imagine recruiting sunflowers and peas plants to your squad for fighting zombies that plan to destroy your lawn and take over your brain!! Yes, that’s Plants vs. Zombies, where you must protect yourself from being zombie-dead by creating an army of horticultural hotshots. Strategize your lawn and formulate the ultimate plan to save yourself from brain-eating zombies. If you are searching for Android strategy games offline that will keep you glued to your computer screen, then this is the game for you.
- Recruit hundreds of plants like Lava Guava and Laser Bean and fight against zombies.
- Protect your brain by earning seed packets and grow them in your lawn.
- Travel through time and space and battle across eleven worlds.
- Explore travel log section to begin a new quest.
If you are an intense combat lover and enjoy indulging in modern military games, then War Inc. is the strategy game for you. With intellectual units and amazing battle gameplay, you must immerse yourself in planning an intense strategy to beat enemies at every level. Also, you can create and train your squad for fighting in battles and turn your foes into rubble.
- Optimized, real-time, action cum strategy based game
- Available for single player as well as multiplayer!
- Create up to 22 units and battle in 2 alien landscapes
- Participate in 41 inbuilt single and multiplayer missions
- Several add-on single and multi-player tasks
Develop and publish your own missions with PC based mission editor
What would you do in a situation where you are asked to eradicate the human history to avoid infesting of deadly plague globally? Confused!! In this game, you have infected “Patient Zero” and a lethal pathogen is ready to take over the humanity. You must destroy human race to evade the development of plague. Sound interesting!! Plague Inc. is an exclusive mixture of great strategy and frighteningly realistic simulation.
- Splendid HD graphics with refined interface
- Advanced AI offering really detailed realistic world.
- All-inclusive in-game assistance and tutorial structure
- Deal with 12 diverse types of disease
- Full Save or load functionality
Love watching “Star Wars” and daydream about galaxies, universe, and alien technology!! Star Command brings you the joy of managing starships, where you constantly encounter alien civilizations trying to take over your starship and crew. Your decisions can make or destroy enemies and they might come later to take revenge. You can upgrade your ship and revive dying squad members.
- A premium game with no in app purchases
- HD support and highly pixelated
- Upgrade your ship and learn new skills
- Construct your ship based on four distinct ship hulls
- Great soundtrack
- Fight against more than 10 alien species
The Battle for Polytopia
Planning to rule the world by fighting and defeating evil tribes and capturing outlandish lands? Alas, it is not possible to do this in real, but you can fulfil your fantasy by playing this game. Here, you can discover lands in auto-generated maps, fight back to enemies while gaining innovative technology and earn wonderful experience at every new level.
- Turn-based strategic adventure
- Auto-generated maps
- Limitless replay value
- Choose among different tribes
Glory of Generals
It is an offline strategy game for Android that gives players the opportunity to involve in battlefields and take part in campaigns. This game can be played online as well that supports multiplayer and try connecting Bluetooth to play game with a friend. With more than 60 campaigns in four battlefields of world war II, you must create intense defense facilities to take over your enemies.
- Auto save function
- Ability to zoom in and out on maps
- 128 military units, 102 world class generals and 37 countries participate in the war
- Support Game Center and Wi-Fi link battle
- 300 real terrains along with upgrade 6 military facilities
The critically hailed strategic RPG, Banner Saga is the strategic game, where every decision of yours directly influences your own story and the surrounding realm. Being the protagonist, you must save the world by embarking your journey in alien environment, fighting against enemies strategically and constructing relationships. You must protect your clan by taking strategic decisions and building contacts.
- Environment stimulated from Norse mythology
- Supports 2D rotoscope animation
- More than 25 characters to play in seven different classes
- Tactical combat with perpetual consequences
- Winner of the Geekie Award for best Indie Video Game, 2014
It is a defense strategy game that takes you to a wonderful journey of wizards, warriors, and kingdom of the past. You are responsible for defending and protecting your kingdom from evil magicians, trolls and orcs. With the help of huge lines of towers and commanding spells, you can fight your battle in mountains, forests, and wastelands. Also, you can customize your tactics by upgrading your tower and other specializations.
- Impressive defense battlefield
- 8 dedicated tower upgrades to tailor your approach
- Over 18 tower abilities
- Encounter more than 50 different enemies with the help of 9 heroes
- Supplementary game modes to boost your skills
- High definition illustrated cartoon art
ICE – Minimalistic Strategy
If you are searching for simple yet different type of strategy game that has well-ordered gameplay and user-friendly graphic interface, then ICE is the game for you. The fundamental rule of this Android strategy games offline is “control”. You must know how to control everything from an army of enemy bases or your own small ships for winning. However, with every level you cross, the game becomes really addictive as well as challenging, so start playing at your own risk.
Simple yet challenging game that includes implementing real-time strategy.
Highly addictive that demands one-single feature of yours – “Control”
Works great with big screens
In-app purchase available
Strategy games are addictive but provide boost to your brain and helps you to build your mental skills. Depending upon your interest and skills, you can choose the game of your interest and start playing. However, do not forget that your real life is outside that computer screen i.e. with your friends and family.
So, this was all about the best offline strategy games for Android that is ruling the market for decades. Fee free to share your opinion in the comment section below.