Internet Security is a type of computer security which is not only related to the Internet providing the browser security but also provides network security. The main aim is to set rules and standards to utilize at the time of attacks on the internet. The internet is a channel which is used to exchange information which could cause a high risk of fraud and intrusions such as phishing, worms, trojans and more.
Internet security depends on certain resources and rules for securing data which is sent through the Internet. Good Internet security shields financial details and more handled by agency’s servers & network hardware. Inadequate Internet security can endanger to deflate an e-commerce business where data gets directed over the internet.
What Is The Difference Between An Antivirus And Internet Security?
The “Antivirus” and “Internet Security” both are tools used to protect a user from malicious programs by either removing or blocking them. Both of the tools are quite similar yet different from one another. The biggest difference between the two is that Antivirus secures your computer from viruses, on the other hand, Internet Security protects you from spyware, phishing, viruses, spam and more.
An antivirus is software which identifies and remove viruses or infected files from your PC. However, Internet Security is a tool which comes with different applications directing to secure users against the Internet threats. Antivirus is capable to shield your computer against viruses, Wherein, Internet Security software not only protects your computer from viruses but also from spam, spyware, phishing, worms, and other malware. Antivirus software is cheaper than Internet Security.
Antivirus gives you basic protection however, Internet Security provides you security against all internet threats. Both the tools have the capability to warn a user about the unsecured websites, but Internet Security blocks their URLs as well.
Also Read : Anti Malware For Windows 10
Advantages Of Internet Security
Having an Internet Security software on your computer has a lot of upsides. Let’s take a look at the advantages of having the same on your computer.
- Safeguard your network from malicious attacks
- Removing malicious elements within a former network.
- Restricts users from unapproved access to the network.
- Denies programs from certain resources that could be infected.
- Protecting private data.
10 Best Internet Security Software for Windows 10 and Older Versions
1. Systweak Antivirus
Relatively new in the market, but holds all the potential to be listed in The Best Internet Security Software For Windows 10, 8, 7 & other versions. It offers real-time protection against all potential malware & other vulnerabilities. It has three scanning modes: Quick Scan (for faster scanning of the critical areas of PC), Deep Scan (for through & comprehensive threat detection) & Custom Scan (for scanning specific folders & files of your choice for common threats).
- It offers two-cyber threat detection features: Malware Protection & Exploit Protection.
- Malware Protection (to detect malicious programs that slow down PC) & Exploit Protection (to find and remove PUPs and it must be enabled as it scans real-time to provide you protection all the time).
- Offers an add-on – StopAll Ads to browse safely
- Schedule automatic threat scanning according to your convenience.
- You can export the ‘found infections’ data into a text file.
Systweak Antivirus also shows a complete scan status report about types of infections found, how many of them have been removed & so on. What’s more? The company offers a 60-days money guarantee policy; if you are not satisfied with the service, you can claim your money back.
2. AVG Ultimate
AVG Internet Security is one of best internet security software that firmly puts its emphasis on optimizing your system’s speed Pretty much every aspect of Windows and its activities can be tuned, including visual effects, unused applications, and so on. Let’s take a look at the features of AVG Ultimate:
- It protects your system from ransomware, viruses, Trojans and other malware effectively.
- The software comes with email shield technology which targets e-mail attachments to prevent threats.
- The software also has enhanced Firewall which provides you full control over precisely who & what comes in and out of your PC.
AVG Ultimate is an internet security program which comes with ransomware protection providing an extra layer of protection to prevent ransomware attacks. The software also stops from accessing your webcam, hides private photos and files and makes sure the deleted files stay deleted.
3. Norton Security Standard
Say it for its versatility or advanced features Norton has been one of the best anti-malware software for Windows since decades. Norton Security Standard offers comprehensive protection by providing real-time protection against existing and emerging viruses and malware. Let’s have a look at the features of Norton Security Standard:
- It protects your system from viruses, malware, ransomware and online threats.
- It comes with advanced security which secures your sensitive & financial information when you are online.
- It can secure PCs, smartphones, Mac and tablets.
Norton Security Standard manages protection on all the devices. It makes sure that your kids can surf the internet securely. It also backs up your photos, confidential files and documents.
4. Kaspersky Total Security
Another in the list of best internet security software is Kaspersky Total Security. It comes with a strong firewall which protects your system against unknown connections, adept anti-malware security to catch viruses before they infect your PC. This suite of tools is designed as a sweeping safeguard for you and your PC. Let’s take a look at the features of Kaspersky Total Security:
- The tool shields your PC against malicious attacks, ransomware & more.
- It safeguards your privacy & confidential information.
- It makes sure your money stays safe when you use online banking or shop online.
Kaspersky Total Security is one of the best internet protection tools which analyses security – to save your time and hassle. The tool keeps your valuable photos, files & music on Windows safe.
Also Read: Best Anti Malware For Mac
5. Bitdefender Internet Security
Bitdefender is one of the best internet security software which offers complete real-time data protection along with advanced threat defense. It comes with multi-layer ransomware protection. It also prevents you from web attacks, phishing and is anti-fraud. It optimizes your computer’s speed. It also provides online privacy and secures your confidential information. It also comes with a handful of features such as parental control, social network protection, file encryption, Password Manager and more. Let’s take a look at the features of the Bitdefender:
- It is the best internet security for PC as it protects your Windows from various internet threats.
- The software comes with multi-layer ransomware protection along with ransomware remediation
- The tool comes with Network Threat Prevention which enables it to stop the attack before it initiates.
Bitdefender is an internet security program which comes with games, work and movie modes to suit your all types of usage. The tool comes with real-time protection as well.
6. ESET Smart Security Premium
ESET Internet Security is one of the best internet security for Windows which automatically secures your internet banking and provides a special secured browser with which you can safely shop or bank online. Moreover, you can access web-based crypto wallets. Let’s take a look at the features of ESET Internet Security:
- It protects your PC from ransomware and other online malicious threats.
- The tool prevents your passwords to be used by hackers and also stops your kids from viewing offensive content online.
- It also includes an anti-theft feature which lets you track and locate your PC if it gets stolen
ESET Internet Security is internet security antivirus which can let you work, play or browse without slowing your PC. So install it and the software will take care of rest.
7. Avast Pro Antivirus
Avast Pro Antivirus is one of the best internet security software. It doesn’t need an explicit introduction. Loved by millions of users worldwide for its PC protection, it is a multi-function security program with an easy to use interface. Let’s take a look at the features of Avast Pro Antivirus:
- The tool can detect and stop viruses, ransomware, spyware, malware and more using smart analytics.
- The software utilizes a real site to encrypt data and secure it from fake, DNS- hijacking, password stealing sites,
- The tool inspects and averts for all the potential threats from reaching router and network.
Avast Pro Antivirus comes with a Wi-Fi-Scanner which persistently investigates and puts away any potential threats away from your router and network. The tool can spot and block suspicious behaviour patterns for zero-second protection to protect against unspecified threats.
8. McAfee Antivirus Plus
McAfee is an award-winning and undoubtedly one of the best internet security software for Windows. It is well capable of detecting, quarantines, and blocking viruses and malware to prevent damage to your PC. Let’s have a look at McAfee Antivirus Plus:
- The tool keeps an eye on risky websites, links and files to avoid attacks.
- The software optimizes your PC and enhances the performance of your PC by stopping autoplay videos on websites.
- It provides protection on various devices such as PCs, Macs, smartphones and tablets, along with managing protection while browsing the internet.
Not just this, it also keeps zero-day threats and botnets at bay and covers you against any potential threats.
Also Read: 10 Best Disk Defrag Software for Windows
9. Trend Micro Antivirus Plus
Trend Micro’s advanced technology is specifically designed to protect your system against new malware attacks, including ransomware – malicious threats that infect your computer while keeping your privacy intact. Let’s look at the features of Trend Micro Antivirus and Security:
- The software provides the best internet protection on Windows.
- The tool also provides protection against ransomware and comes with advanced AI learning the multi-layered defense
- It blocks more than 250,000,000 threats daily.
Trend Micro Antivirus and Security also safeguards your computer against e-mails scans.
10. F-Secure Safe
If we’re particularly talking in terms of browser protection, then F-secure is one of the top internet security software for Windows. If any viruses are found, you are immediately notified so that you can instantly get rid of them. Let’s take a look at the features of F-Secure Safe:
- It protects your privacy by averting viruses, spyware and ransomware to reach your PC.
- It can help you deal with your banking and online shopping along with safe browsing.
- It comes with a subscription to protect your entire family and set limits for kids’ PC use.
F-Secure Safe protects your important folders and blocks ransomware from encrypting them. So, now get ready to explore the Internet, and handle your online shopping and banking without any worries.
11. Avira Antivirus
Avira is a complete full security package that not only blocks malware, but secure your web browsing too, and wipes your online traces clean – for free. Avira is your centralized security solution to secure all your devices efficiently. Let’s take a look at the features of Avira Antivirus:
- It detects adware, viruses and spyware, blocks infected & phishing sites.
- It protects your computer from all threats without slowing down the system.
- It also comes with an ability to repair the compromised files.
One of the best internet security for Windows 10, Avira is a combination of artificial intelligence, endpoint antivirus scanner, and cloud technologies, which makes it a perfect tool to protect your private and confidential data from all the malicious threats.
Wrap Up: Best Internet Security For PC
So, this is it! This was the top 10 best internet security software list for Windows 10, 8, 7 and other versions to keep any sort of malware threats and infections at bay. Hopefully, now there is no excuse to leave yourself unprotected with a plethora of choices available out there. So, grab the one that suits your requirement well for a better experience and value for your money.
Our take is AVG as it comes with advanced ransomware protection tool and enhanced firewall. And it also stops apps from accessing data which they are not supposed to, which makes it more desirable. However, you can think differently as well. It is a free world, right? So, grab the one that suits your requirement well for a better experience and value for your money.
In case we have missed any of the software which you think deserve to be on the list, please mention it in the comments section below!