As much as we live and breathe, we use the Internet. With the advancement in technology, almost everyone uses Internet on their smartphones. As the Internet has become an integral part of our lives, we communicate via chat, video and audio calls with friends and family all over the world, hence spending the data here and there but with showering our love, we also need to keep a check on your data limit. Isn’t it annoying?
Well, what if you can get rid of this hassle by downloading an app. Data Monitoring apps are very popularly used to track and monitor the data usage and helps us to not exceed the data limits.
As there are several apps on Play Store to choose from, to ease up the task, we have listed some of the best free data monitoring apps for Android.
10 Best Apps To Monitor Data Usage On Android Phone (2022 Edition)
1. Check Data Usage
Check Data Usage app is portable data monitoring app that keeps a track on where and how much Mobile and Wifi Internet data is spent. It is a useful application that manages and measures your mobile data usage on daily basis.
Features Of Check Data Usage
- It indicates the apps hogging memory on your phone and you can use optimize internet option to free up the memory and save your data.
- You can set your data plan easily with the app. All you need to do is tap Set Data Plan option and insert your plan. Now, set your daily limit and it is done.
- It also cleans cache and manages your RAM to boost your device’s performance
- Attractive and modern user interface.
- Set usage alerts & daily data limit.
- Speed test module that uses less Internet.
- Keep tabs on both mobile and Wi-Fi data usage.
- Supports only Android OS.
Our Verdict: Check Data Usage
The data tracker app constantly receives updates to enhance the overall user experience. It has lately added a new speed test module that uses less Internet. Besides this, it keeps fixing minor bugs & performance issues.
2. Traffic Monitor & 3G/4G/5G Speed
An all in one app, Traffic Monitor is one of the best data monitoring apps for Android as it not only monitors App Data Usage but also allows you to do a speed test, check signal quality and provides network info.
Features of Traffic Monitor:
- The speed test feature shows the speed and latency of your UMTS, Wifi network and LTE and on a speedometer, separated into upload, download and ping speed.
- The coverage map displays the network availability depending on your current position.
- It has an integrated task manager which shows you all running apps in a list and enables you to close memory-consuming apps.
- Keep an eye on your roaming usage.
- Displays network availability depending on your current position.
- Shows you the speed & latency of your UMTS, LET, 5G & Wi-Fi network.
- Best data manager app that does not contain any ads.
- Lacks a widget to access the data tracker app right from the home screen.
Our Verdict: Traffic Monitor & 3G/4G/5G Speed
It’s an easy-to-use app to track data usage, packed with multiple options to monitor speed, coverage, and data usage by both a connection type and apps on an everyday basis & by apps.
3. My Data Manager
Features of Data Manager:
- It tracks and monitors your data usage on mobile, Wifi and roaming.
- It tracks the remaining call minutes and number of text messages left.
- It allows you to customize alarms to avoid the overage charges and bills.
- Easily manage your mobile data plans for your entire family.
- Find out which Android apps are eating up your mobile data.
- Works well on all the popular networks around the world.
- Visualize, monitor & control your data usage for free with this best data monitor app for Android.
- Dashboard needs to be improved.
Our Verdict: My Data Manager
My Data Manager is one of the best data usage monitor apps that hold the ability to monitor your data usage on smartphones, Wi-Fi, and roaming. Additionally, you get constant alerts before reaching your set data limit.
4. Data Usage Monitor
A user-friendly app with a simple interface, Data Usage Monitor is one of the best free data monitoring app for Android.
Features of Data Usage Monitor:
- It helps you to accurately measure your daily data traffic and also warns you when you are the verge of exceeding your data limit.
- It measures the usage of data via Wifi and mobile displayed in graphs which make analyzing it easy.
- It keeps a history of the data used throughout the day
- Accurately measure your data traffic automatically.
- Protects you from data overage.
- Has an easy-to-read statistics interface.
- For Wi-Fi data usage, it is sorted by SSID.
- Lacks widget with the free edition.
Our Verdict: Data Usage Monitor
One of the greatest aspects of using this best data monitor app for Android is the graphical interface that shows the total data usage. It even offers the ability to sort app data usage so that you can check which apps are consuming your data the most!
5. Samsung Max Privacy VPN and Data Saver
Formerly known as Opera Max, now known as Samsung Max Privacy VPN and Data Saver. Your ultimate data managing assistant focuses on providing a secure Internet connection while managing your data consumption.
Features of Samsung Max Privacy VPN and Data Saver:
- This best data manager app not only tracks your apps’ data usage, but also provides advice on reducing the wastage of data and saving you money.
- It offers you a tailored savings tool for Facebook, and it also has a compression tool that extends your time on YouTube and Instagram.
- It uses secure and encrypted connections on public Wi-Fi to ensure your personal information is protected.
- Ability to restrict mobile and Wi-Fi data consumption.
- Boost Wi-Fi connectivity in crowded Wi-Fi hotspots.
- Go incognito in all your apps to avoid targeted ads.
- Provides secure & encrypted connections when on Public Wi-Fi.
- Doesn’t get frequent updates.
Our Verdict: Samsung Max Privacy VPN and Data Saver
Though it’s a VPN application, it goes beyond just being that. It brings an advanced blend of data consumption and Internet security features, which makes it one of the best data usage monitor apps for Android.
6. Data Usage Manager & Monitor
|Requires Android: Varies with device|
Here comes another effective app to track data usage with a couple of taps on your Android smartphone. The app lets you monitor your device data limits, track Wi-Fi activities, and monitor which apps access your data.
Features of Data Usage Manager & Monitor:
- Easily find out which applications are stealing your bandwidth.
- Have a look at those apps that unnecessarily occupy your valuable data connection & take necessary actions.
- Provides complete mobile & Wi-Fi analytics, including the roaming data.
- Sends smart notifications to know when you are about to reach your set data limits.
- Check important stats from the status bar widget.
- Avoid paying overage fees an by setting a data quota.
- With the pro version, you can locate the Internet speed meter in the status
- Customize your app with background and text colors with Pro edition.
- Lots of interesting features are offered with the premium version only.
Our Verdict: Data Usage Manager & Monitor
Well, it is undoubtedly an ultimate data usage monitor that gives you full control over tracking your data and device usage. No matter how you are connected to the Internet, whether through your phone network or Wi-Fi, it will show complete usage!
7. GlassWire Data Usage Monitor
One of the best data monitor apps for Android to conveniently measure your mobile data usage, data limits, and Wi-Fi network activities. Checking which applications are wasting your mobile data & eventually slowing down your phone’s Internet connection is a hassle-free process with this data tracker app.
Features of GlassWire Data Usage Monitor:
- Check past Wi-Fi or mobile usage by day or month.
- Protects your privacy by revealing suspicious apps through graphs.
- Block certain apps from connecting to the network.
- With this best data usage monitor app, you can easily keep track of roaming and roll-over minutes.
- Easy to use & straightforward dashboard.
- Works great with many different mobile data providers and telecoms worldwide.
- Even if your Cable or ISP has data caps, GlassWire will still show you the Internet usage alerts.
- Ad-free app to track data usage on Android smartphones.
- Minor bugs are present.
Our Verdict: GlassWire Data Usage Monitor
One of the greatest features, this best data usage monitor app offers its ability to detect suspicious apps that hog your data unnecessarily and allow you to block them!
8. Network Monitor Mini
|Requires Android: 4.0 and up|
Listing out the best data monitor apps for Android and not mentioning Network Monitor Mini is certainly impossible. The application is capable of upload and download speed per second. Additionally, you can record the live network information for your WiFi / 3G / 4G network speed!
Features of Network Monitor Mini:
- Has a Live network traffic meter that shows the speed & data rate. You can set it anywhere on the screen to get real-time updates.
- Ability to customize the colour, width, height, font & set transparency.
- Normalize VPN / proxy / loopback traffic (premium version).
- Get custom readings based on location with the pro edition.
- The Pro version supports auto-hides when there is no traffic.
- System overlay compatibility.
- Lots of customization options are offered to users.
- Lots of great features are limited to the PRO edition only.
Our Verdict: Network Monitor Mini
Unlike other apps to track data usage, Network Monitor Mini allows you to measure dead zones for public Wi-Fi. Its wide range of customization options is loved a lot by Android users.
Downdetector is one of the most popular and best apps to track data usage on your Android devices. All credit goes to its accurate real-time status and uptime monitoring for hundreds of services. This includes your Internet, smartphone & TV service.
Features of Downdetector:
- Holds the potential to track outages with services in your country. The data tracker app supports 45 countries as of now.
- Gives you the opportunity to file an outage report when the service is down for you.
- Provides advanced analytics for data usage and offers the ability to set push alerts for yourself.
- The apps’ outage detection is based on real-time analysis.
- Best data usage monitor app to use every time you start experiencing issues with any service.
- Multilingual data manager app for Android.
- Free edition of this data monitor app has limited features.
Our Verdict: Downdetector
To be honest, its interface might seem overwhelming to amateur users. But a great option to track, manage data usage and report outage issues for any specific service you use.
10. Internet Speed Meter Lite
|Requires Android: Varies with device|
Last but not the least, Internet Speed Meter Lite displays the internet speed in status bar and shows the amount of data used in the notification panel.
Features of Internet Speed Meter Lite
- It monitors your traffic data for last 30 days.
- It separately keeps a track on Mobile network and Wifi network and displays the real time speed change in status bar and notification.
- It doesn’t consume much battery.
- Added option to enable WiFi SSID in Advanced Settings.
- Bugs are constantly fixed to enhance the user experience.
- The best data usage monitor app, free with ads.
- Complicated user interface.
- Doesn’t get updates frequently.
Our Verdict: Internet Speed Meter Life
If you want to get separate stats for mobile network or Wi-Fi usage, choose none other than Internet Speed Meter Life. It doesn’t drain your battery and can keep the traffic data for the last 30 days!
Frequently Asked Questions:
1) How do I find out which app uses data?
Using professional data tracking applications for Android like Data Usage Monitor & Traffic Monitor & 3G/4G/5G Speed, you can easily find which apps consume your data the most.
2) How do I check my remaining data?
To check your T Mobile data usage, this is what you need to do:
- Launch Settings menu.
- Tap on Connections.
- From the next screen, choose the Data Usage option!
3) Can data usage be tracked?
Yes, using the best data monitor apps for Android like Check Data Usage, you can easily track the data consumption and set limits for usage.
4) Which data app is best?
Check Data Usage by Systweak Software is probably the best data monitor app for Android in 2022. It keeps track of where and how much Mobile and WiFi Internet data is spent. It is a useful application that manages and measures your mobile data usage daily.