Since you have found your way of landing up on this page, there’s a slight probability that you might have faced some trouble while downloading apps on Google Play store. A plethora of applications are stuffed in the Google Play Store, but there are times when we face some interrupting errors while installing our favorite apps. The most common errors faced by users are the Error 491 and 495, hence we have tried to provide you some quick solutions.
What is Google Play Store Error 491 and 495?
Before proceeding further to the solutions, first let’s understand what these errors mean and why they are encountered.
Google Play Error 491:
If you open Google Play Store and get a pop up saying “Google play error 491”, this usually happens when users try to update or download an app or a game.
Googl Play erro 495:
Play Store Error 495 is encountered when an Android user attempts to install any App or Game over Wi-Fi but when the same is downloaded over Mobile Data, the error does not appear and vice versa.
Let’s jump to the solution!
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 491
Follow these quick steps to fix error code 491 on your android smartphone.
- From your apps folder open the accounts tab.
- Tap the accounts and click the Google account.
- Delete the account.
- Reboot your device.
- Go back to the Accounts section and tap on Add Gmail account (add your Gmail account here)
- Last but not the least, head on over to the Play store to check that if now it works!
Hope this works, if not then you can try clearing out the cache memory of your device. The error might sometimes be because of your Gmail account having problems syncing with your device so in this case we need to remove and clear all cache and data from the device and reboot the device.
How to Fix Google Play Store Error 495
Error 495 majorly occurs due to network issues. Here are the quick steps to fix this error:
Step 1: Clear Cache
- Go to Settings -> Click on Application Manager or Apps -> Open “All” apps.
- You will be having a List of Apps on the right side from that find Google Play store App
- Click on the “Clear Cache” and “Clear Data” button to get rid of cache memory of your device.
Step 2: Reset App Preferences
- Go to Settings and then tap on Apps
- Now you can see the list of Apps which are present in your device
- Press the Menu key on your android device
- This will bring a pop up box with the Reset App Preferences option which should be selected
- Then you have to again tap on Reset Apps option
Step 3: Add Gmail Account
Sometimes the linked Gmail account can also be the problem for error 495. To fix this you need to follow the same set of steps which you performed for Google Play store Error 491 (Mentioned in the above section).
Step 4: Enable Location Services
As the location settings, can alter with the play store and restrict some apps from getting downloaded. Enabling the location service might be one helpful trick to fix this error.
Settings > location access > enable access to my location > activate GPS
Step 5: Hard Reboot—The Last Resort
If you weren’t at much luck with the above-mentioned steps, then try hard resetting your android device.
- Go to Settings > Privacy > Factory Reset.
- Select Format SD card > Reset Phone and Erase all Data
- Restart your phone to apply all the settings.
Note: Just make sure you Back up all your data on your device, like contacts, images, videos, notes, reminders etc. before tapping the “Factory Reset” option.
Also Read: 10 Best Utility Apps for Android 2017
This will surely help you in getting rid of the play store error 495. In case you face any trouble then drop your query in the comments section below, so that we can come up with instant solutions to fix it.