Facebook is one of the most widely used social media platform worldwide. It has taken communication and sharing to a whole new level. We can connect with our friends no matter where they are and catch up instantly. It not only allows you to connect with friends and families, but also find like minded people based on your interests and preferences. But as Facebook is rapidly growing, more and more people are joining the lead and it has undoubtedly become one huge network.
But unfortunately, bigger the network the more notifications you’ll get! Say you have a group of high school friends, then you’ll get a notification each time a member posts in the group. This gets quite annoying, right? But the good part is you can easily manage the group notifications to make it less frustrating. Let’s see how it works
How to Stop Group Notifications on Facebook
To disable group notifications on your Facebook account (Desktop), follow these steps:
- Log into your Facebook account and head on to the respective group whose notifications we need to disable.
- Tap on Notifications.
- A small drop down menu will appear underneath with four options:
- All Posts- All Posts notifies you whenever any group member posts regardless of their connection to you.
- Highlights-Highlights notify you whenever one of your Facebook Friends posts or there’s a “Suggested Post” from Facebook. These are things like posts by admin, posts that get a lot of likes, and so on.
- Friends Post- Friends’ Posts notifies you when a Facebook Friend posts in the group.
- OFF- Plain and simple just how it sounds, this option disables all group notifications.
To disable group notifications on mobile application follow these steps:
- Log into your account and head on towards the annoying group whose notifications keep on buzzing all day long.
- Tap info and select “Notification Settings”.
- Now again those four options will appear on the screen: All Posts, Highlights, Friends post and OFF.
3. Select any one of the above listed option as per your requirement.
So fellas, in this way you can take control of your Facebook account and customize it just how you like it. This is how you can stop group notifications of your Facebook account (and save yourself from annoyance).
If you face any trouble feel free to drop us a comment!