If you lead a team and need to make regular presentations to your co-workers and clients, then you must know how videos can make your presentations more comprehensive and attractive. Turns out adding video is a simple task, and with this step by step guide you will be able make your presentations more effective.
Adding Videos To Power point From YouTube
Now, let’s talk about adding YouTube videos to your PPT. Follow these steps to get your work done:
- Open the PPT in which you want to add a video in Powerpoint 2013 or 2016
- Now go to the Insert tab and click on Video > Online Video.
Note: If you have PowerPoint 2010, Go to Insert tab->click on Video-> Video from the Website.
3. In 2016 and 2013 version – Once you click on Online Video, you will get a dialog box with heading Insert Video with two options: YouTube and From A Video Embed Code.
Note: In 2010 version -You will get a dialog box wherein you need to paste the embed code for the video and click Insert (follow the steps below to do so)
4. The video will be inserted, now you can resize and change the location of the video on the slide. It would appear to be a screenshot, although, in preview mode by pressing Shift and F5, you can play the video. Moreover, you can customize whether you want the video to play when you open the slide or when you clicked on the video. Right click the video, you will an option Start with a downwards arrow, click on it. There would be two options: Automatically and On Click, choose accordingly.
For 2007 version, you need to follow the steps closely as it can be a bit tricky:
- Open PPT in which you want to insert a video. Click More Controls button -> Shockwave Flash Object -> OK.
2. Now drag and draw a rectangle to locate the region where you want the video to be seen on the slide.
3. Make a right-click on the rectangle and select Properties.
4. Now paste the URL of the video you want to add to the slide. In the URL, you need to get rid of watch? and change the equal symbol (=) to a forward slash (/).
5. Just as in latest version, in 2007 also, you can choose the video to play automatically. If you need to play the video automatically, then select True in the Playing field or else choose False. Moreover, you can also choose whether to loop the video or not, select false, if you don’t want to loop it.
If you don’t get the link to the video from YouTube, we have another way as well. In this situation, you have to use a video’s embed code to insert the video. To get the code and insert the video, follow these steps:
- Open the PPT and go to the slide on which you want the video to be inserted.
- Now, find the video that you want to insert.
- Beneath the video, locate Share, and then click Embed.
- You will get the code in a dialog box, right-click the iFrame embed code, and copy it.
- Now, go to PPT and click Insert -> Video-> Online Video.
- Paste the code beside the From a Video Embed Code and click the arrow.
- A video would be pasted to the slide, you can move and resize as you please.
Adding Video From Your Hard Drive
- Open the PPT and go to the slide, you want to add the video.
- Go to Insert tab and click Video.
- You will get the context menu. Click on Video On My PC
- Once you click it, you will get a dialog box to select the video and click Insert.
- You can trim, resize and change the position of the video.
- Just like the other version, you can also customize whether you want the video to play when you open the slide or when you clicked on the video. For that, right click the video, you will an option Start with a downwards arrow, click on it. There would be two options available: Automatically and On Click, choose accordingly.
These are the different ways how you can insert videos into your presentation from YouTube or your hard drive. Now, insert videos and add a little motion to your lifeless slide and make your ideas float!