Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 has been rolled out on Google Pixel phones today. This will give a sneak peek of what other Android phone users can expect in March 2023. The build number of the latest beta release is T2B3.230109.002.
Google Rolls Out Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 Update – Which Important Bugs Have Been Fixed
Here is a list of recent issues reported by users and developers and hopefully fixed with Beta 3.
- Some notifications in a group displayed corners with sharp edges instead of smooth round ones.
- The notification shade message concerning apps with running foreground services and the message indicating an active VPN connection overlapped have been resolved.
- Users could not access the overflow menu when editing Quick Settings tiles.
- Devices with vibration turned on may occasionally vibrate excessively long after receiving a notice.
What Are Other Changes/Bugs Fixes Are Expected With Beta 3?
- A problem that occasionally causes notification failure or app crashes in messaging services has been fixed.
- Fixed a GPU problem that stopped some visual effects from working in some apps.
- Fixed a problem where the Quick Settings tiles for a work profile were missing after configuring a new device.
- Fixed a problem that occasionally caused the Pixel launcher to crash while using the app drawer’s search bar.
- A problem that occasionally prevented a device from being unlocked with a pattern after the Google Assistant was turned on, has been fixed.
- A bug that caused the Pixel launcher to crash whenever a user clicked on a web search suggestion for a search keyword has been fixed.
- Fixed a problem where, when font and display settings were at their highest on a device, status bar icons would cover the date text.
- Fixed a bug that occasionally led to crashes in the com.android.qns system process.
- Fixed a bug in the Pixel launcher that prohibited Chinese text entered into the Search bar in the app drawer from being detected.
- It was resolved that the system Settings app would crash and display the message “Settings keeps halting” when entering and leaving Picture-in-Picture (PiP) mode from an app after switching the screen orientation.
- A bug that occasionally caused the System UI to crash due to a null pointer exception has been fixed.
- Fixed a problem wherein a Bluetooth device’s connection status occasionally did not correspond to the state of the actual device.
Which Pixel Devices Are Eligible For Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3?
|Pixel 4a||Pixel 5||Pixel 6||Pixel 7|
|Pixel 4a 5G||Pixel 5a||Pixel 6 Pro||Pixel 7 Pro|
Note: This update is also available for Android Emulator.
Click here to visit the Developers page to download the Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3.
Bonus Feature: Wallpaper & Style Settings
According to Mishaal Rehman, Android Expert, there have been some changes to the Wallpaper & Style settings menu on Pixel phones with this new update. The update includes an enlarged preview screen that enables one to understand how a wallpaper will appear on their phone without applying it. The enlarged view was possible before this update but required the user to tap once and with this update, it has become the default view.
The Final Word On Google Rolls Out Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 Update
If you are a Pixel user, you can easily get the latest Android 13 QPR2 Beta 3 update on your device. Others have to wait for Google to roll out the updated features and bug fixes for their devices.
Please let us know in the comments below if you have any questions or recommendations. We would be delighted to provide you with a resolution. We frequently publish advice, tricks, and solutions to common tech-related problems. You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flipboard, and Pinterest.