Are you facing the Blue Screen of Death (BSoD) error: Apc_Index_Mismatch when printing from Windows 10?
Here’s how to fix the Apc_Index_Mismatch error.
What is Apc_Index_Mismatch Issue?
Windows 10’s cumulative updates rolled out in March are causing severe problems for some users. Reported lately, after updating Windows users have started encountering Apc_Index_Mismatch Windows 10, error. This error usually indicates incompatible device drivers from Realtek and Nvidia are running on Windows.
In addition to this BSOD error, problems when printing documents are also reported. This is happening due to some issue in the March cumulative update related to KB5000802 for version 20H2, 2004, and beta version 21H1. Not only this, but the issue also affects users running version 1909 after installing KB5000808 and those running older versions of Windows 10 including 1809 and 1803.
Luckily, there are different ways to fix stop code 0x00000001 or Apc_Index_Mismatch error.
In this troubleshooting guide, we will discuss all of it in detail.
List of Contents
- What is Apc_Index_Mismatch Issue?
- Additional Tip
- Easiest Way to Fix Common Windows Errors.
- Causes for APC Mismatch Error
- Fix 1 – Update Windows to KB5001567
- How to know the version of Windows you are using?
- Fix 2 – Update Realtek High-Definition Driver
- Fix 3 – Run System File Checker
- Fix 4 – Disable Realtek HD Audio Manager
- Fix 5 – Uninstall DisplayLink driver
- Fix 6 – Uninstall Unwanted Software
- Repair Apc_Index_Mismatch
Easiest Way to Fix Common Windows Errors.
Most Windows errors are caused due to junk files, temporary files, invalid registry entries, malware infection, and so on. If you are looking for an automatic way to keep the system optimized and clutter-free, give Advanced PC Cleanup a try.
This PC optimization tool in no time fixes invalid registry entries, uninstalls apps, manages startup items, cleans malware infections, removes old downloads, and does a lot more.
To use it, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the best PC optimization tool and click Start Scan Now.
3. Wait for the scan to finish.
4. Once done, click Clean Now to tune your Window system.
5. Now try to use the Windows system you should not face any problem.
Microsoft is aware of the Blue Screen of Death and printing error. But the company says the error doesn’t affect all printers, only a subset of 3 printer drivers are affected and to fix it a temporary workaround is released. Also, the company has released a video for uses who don’t know if their printer is affected or not.
Causes for APC Mismatch Error
Besides hardware issues, APC Index Mismatch might trigger when you use the webcam with Skype. Play video games or perform activities that consume much PC resources.
Best Ways to Fix stop code Apc_Index_Mismatch on Windows 10
Fix 1 – Update Windows to KB5001567
If you have not yet updated Windows, Microsoft suggests downloading and installing optional updates Windows rolled out on 15th March. To check if the optional update is available for your device, follow the steps below:
Press Windows + I to open Windows Settings
1. Click Update & Security > Windows Update > Check for updates
2. Wait for Windows to check for available updates. To get the latest update you need to be online.
3. Under Optional quality, you will see the available update. To get it to click Download and install.
4. Once installed, restart the system to apply Windows updates.
Now try attempting to print the document, you might not face an Apc_Index_Mismatch error.
In case the update is not available, you can download KB500157 manually by clicking here.
When downloading updates manually make sure you download the fix for the version of Windows you are using.
How to know the version of Windows you are using?
To learn the version of Windows 10 you are running follow the steps below:
- In Windows search bar, type system information
- This will open a new window.
- Here you will get all the system-related information that will help in downloading the right update for your system.
Fact Check :
Devices affected by the update behave unexpectedly when receiving print commands from certain apps. This includes printing blank pages/labels, missing or solid color graphics, & formatting issues.
Fix 2 – Update Realtek High-Definition Driver
Outdated and corrupt Realtek High Definition Audio Driver can also cause APC Index Mismatch error. To prevent facing BSOD stop code 0x00000001, reinstalling or updating the Realtek driver is suggested.
This can be done manually and automatically. Where the former is time-consuming and involves risk, the latter can be done without any problem using Smart Driver Care – the best driver updating utility.
To learn how to update drivers manually, click here.
However, to update the driver using the professional driver updater – Smart Driver Care follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Smart Driver Care
2. Launch and run the driver updater to scan the system for outdated drives.
3. Click Start Scan Now and wait for the scan to finish.
4. Once the scan is done, you will get a list of outdated drivers. Click Update driver next to Realtek audio driver and update it. However, if you want to update all outdated drivers at once you can click Update All. Remember for this, you need the Pro version of Smart Driver Care that comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
In case you are okay using the Free version remember you will have to update each driver individually by clicking Update driver next to each corrupt driver.
5. Restart the system after updating the driver.
6. Now use the system no longer and you should face an Apc_Index_Mismatch error.
Fix 3 – Run System File Checker
- Open elevated Command Prompt
- Type sfc /scannow > Enter
- Allow the scan to check the system for corrupt system files.
- Restart the system, the Apc_Index_Mismatch error should now be gone.
Fix 4 – Disable Realtek HD Audio Manager
If you are unable to open Windows normally due to Apc_Index_Mismatch error, try running the system in Safe Mode. To learn how to do that read how to boot Windows in Safe Mode.
Once in Safe Mode, disable Realtek HD Audio Manager. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc to open Task Manager
2. Click Startup tab
3. You will now get a list of startup apps. Look for Realtek HD Audio Manager > right-click > Disable.
[Note]Note: If Realtek is not on the list disable all the applications. This will help identify the culprit.[/Note]
4. Exit Task Manager < reboot PC.
Apc_Index_Mismatch ntoskrnl.exe error should now be fixed.
DisplayLink is useful when you work on additional monitors. But there are certain compatibility issues with DisplayLink and Windows 10. Therefore, uninstalling it is recommended if you face an apc_index_mismatch error.
- Type Control Panel in Windows search bar
- Look for Programs and Features > search for DisplayLink Core software > select it > uninstall.
- Restart the system.
In addition to this, you can also run DisplayLink Installation Cleaner. Using this cleaner will remove all traces of the DisplayLink driver and the apc_index_mismatch error should be fixed.
Fix 6 – Uninstall Unwanted Software
Remote desktop applications like LogMeIn can cause stop code apc_index_mismatch hence removing such programs is advised.
This can be done via Program and features > Add or remove the program.
However, if you are looking for an easy way try using Advanced PC Cleanup and uninstall unwanted apps without leaving traces. To do so, follow the steps below:
1. Download and install Advanced PC Cleanup
2. Run the all-in-one system tweaking tool and click Uninstall Apps from the left pane.
3. Wait for the scan to finish.
4. Look for unwanted applications that you don’t use and click the bin next to each app.
5. This way you can uninstall unwanted apps and get rid of the apc_index_mismatch error.
To know more about the best uninstaller, read our previous post.
That’s it using the steps explained above in no time you can fix the APC Index Mismatch BSOD error. In addition to this, to keep drivers updated, try using Smart Driver Care the best driver updating tool. Also, you can give Advanced PC Cleanup a try and optimize the system. This will help keep the system clutter-free and fix all common Windows errors.