When we talk about disk analyzer tools, WinDirStat cannot be skipped. It has gained the popularity of the best in the industry over the years. However, in the long run, if you get irritated by slow tools, then this is not the best option. Also. it has no option to port unless you have installed it. Another huge disadvantage of using this is that you cannot save the scan results. This is the reason why people have started looking WinDirStat alternatives. If you too are one amongst them, then read the blog further and find the best alternatives to WinDirStat!
Top 6 WinDirStat Alternatives To Manage Disk Space (2023)
1. Disk Analyzer Pro
|File Size: 4.8 MB|
|Latest Version: 1.0.1400.1302|
|Compatibility: Windows 11/10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP (32/64 bit) & Mac|
This holds the topmost position in the list of WinDirStat alternatives. The reason behind this is the efficiency of this tool with which makes managing disk space quite easy. Disk Analyzer Pro scans and finds zero-byte files (computer files containing no data that still occupy disk space), temporary Internet files, junk files, compressed files, etc., swiftly. Once you are aware of size and location of these, you can organize or get rid of them. Also, you need not worry about its compatibility with your operating system because this goes along with Windows 10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP.
- Visually appealing and easy-to-use interface.
- Keep an eye on your disk drive’s health status & perform regular analysis.
- Multiple viewing modes and functionalities to reduce the large disk size.
- Command line scanner to perform a disk search from the command prompt.
- You need to purchase the license to enjoy full benefits.
|Price: Free WinDirStat alternative|
|Latest Version: 188.8.131.52|
|Compatibility: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
This is a Freeware and portable tool which helps in organizing the disk space. It uses concept of Treemap to view available space on disk. The best part about this is that it leaves your current registry unaffected. There is no setup file just Zip file which you can extract anywhere you wish to!
- It has drag and drop support.
- SpaceSniffer is equipped with powerful filtering and customization options as well.
- Also, it fast scans your hard disk which saves a lot of time.
- Provides drag & drop support.
- Powerful filtering options to get accurate results based on size, file name,
- It’s certainly faster than WinDirStat when it comes to hard drive scanning.
- Portable version available, making it a great WinDirStat alternative.
- Doesn’t support Windows 11 version yet.
|File Size: 9 MB|
|Latest Version: 184.108.40.2061|
|Compatibility: Windows 8 and Windows 10|
Treesize has a secure position in the list of the WinDirStat alternatives. Using Treemap, it assesses the disk space and tells you where the disk space has been consumed. It’s a freeware that works on Master File Table to reach high scanning speed. It has two versions, that is free and paid. You can opt for paid version if you wish to unlock pro features.
- It is small in space, fast and secure to use.
- Produces quick results so that you can analyze things yourself.
- You can filter preview and data protection is guaranteed..
- Powerful, flexible, and faster than WinDirStat hard disk space manager.
- Graphical analyses provide a quick visualization of disk space usage.
- Shows accurate allocated disk space & details related to owner & other permissions.
- This WinDirStat replacement is available in English, French, German, Japanese, and more.
- Lacks compatibility with the latest Windows 11 version.
4. Disk Recon
|File Size: 5759 KB|
|Latest Version: 12.0|
|Compatibility: All Windows Versions|
It is a disk space utility which unveils all the information you need to know about space utilization in your disk. With this, finding large files and folders, unused files which are consuming space, and duplicate files is as easy as snapping fingers. It is user-friendly and equally useful for IT professionals and common people!
- It supports Unicode file and folder names.
- It has shell integration.
- Even the local drivers and network drivers can be scanned.
- This WinDirStat replacement has many custom filters.
- Comprehensively removes duplicates to reclaim space.
- Export capabilities to MS Excel, XML, CSV, HTML and TXT.
- Graphical views – pie or bar chart, making it a great alternative to WinDirStat.
- Dashboard needs a bit of improvement.
|File Size: 4.1 MB|
|Price: Free alternative to WinDirStat (Personal use), $500 for Enterprise License|
|Latest Version: 4.0.8|
|Compatibility: Windows XP and above|
It claims to be the best alternative to WinDirStat. This disk space analyzer can easily scan your hard disk and where your disk space. If you have knowledge about which directories and subdirectories are consuming your file, then you can efficiently manage them! Also, it is available in several languages.
- It’s super-fast as it uses MFT (Master File Table) and NTFS, same as search engines.
- It automatically sorts the directories, so you need not put in more efforts.
- You can export comma separated values to clipboard and import them after you are done viewing.
- Easily find files/folders using the majority of space on your hard drive.
- WizTree is in an active development stage & new features are added regularly.
- This WinDirStat alternative is available free of cost for personal use.
- It’s certainly faster than WinDirStat regarding hard drive scanning.
- Certainly, an expensive WinDirStat replacement for Enterprise users.
|Latest Version: 3.0|
|Compatibility: Windows 2000 & Above|
Before we wrap up our list of top WinDirStat choices for Windows PC, we would like to introduce you to another advanced disk analyzer and storage manager – SpaceMonger. The application effectively scans, maps, and manages your desktop and network storage space. It allows users to copy, move, locate and delete large files and folders to reclaim unnecessary occupied hard drive space. Moreover, you can identify files based on their type and size or set a specific criterion to get flexible results.
- This WinDirStat alternative comes with advanced drive analyzing
- Take clean-up actions on dynamically built file lists.
- Find large and bulky data using Treemap visuals & take necessary actions.
- Displays pop-up information about files and folders.
- Works faster than WinDirStat.
- Simple interface.
- Offers a 30-day free trial.
- Available in English & Spanish languages.
- Lacks compatibility with the latest Windows 11 version.
Wrapping Up Our List Of Best Alternatives To WinDirStat
With this, we come to an end of our blog post on Top 6 WinDirStat Alternatives To Use For Managing Disk Space. Hope you found your favorite among the options shared above. All these software are designed to ease the process of having a clean and safe disc. We advise you to go with Disk Analyzer Pro by Systweak Software if you ask for our recommendation. The application works brilliantly to scan, find and delete zero-byte files (computer files containing no data that still occupy disk space), temporary Internet files, junk files, compressed files, and more than unnecessarily hogs your precious storage space.
If you know or use any other great WinDirStat replacement, do share your suggestions in the comments seSimpleve any queries or feedback, feel free to write to us at [email protected] or drop a message on our social media channels – Facebook or Instagram!