FaceTime is one of the best ways to communicate with your friends through video calls. However, it has a downside that it only allows you to initiate video calls between iPhone users. Therefore, the wise thing to do would be getting a video call app on your iPhone and get connected to your friends and family who are non-iPhone users. With this in mind, have a look at our list of the some of the best video calling apps for iPhone.
Making a video call is a very convenient way to talk to your friends and family. Whether showing them your new clothes or seeing your grandparents whom you are missing. There are various video apps available for iPhone. We have compiled a list for your ease.
Best Video Call App For iPhone
1. Facebook Messenger
Facebook is one of the popular platforms which can be used as free calling app for iPhone. As it allows you to connect and communicate with your friends and family with ease. Facebook has its own messaging platform which allows it to make video calls. Let’s take a look at the features of the Facebook Messenger:
- It allows you to share photos, videos, and pictures to your contacts.
- You can make voice and video calls from a mobile app and desktop version.
- It enables you to send money to people by only using your debit card information.
- It also lets you play games and share location.
Skype is one of the free iPhone video calling app available for iOS. It is one of the easiest ways to make a voice and video calls to your contacts. Let’s take a look at the features of the Skype:
- It supports Skype group audio and video calling
- You can create a calendar event, do Contact list filtering, Video Messaging.
- You can merge your Skype account with your Microsoft account.
- You can send invites, voicemails and share photos and docs.
One of the best alternatives to Facetime, Hangouts makes your share your lovely moments with your beloved ones via video calls. The Google product has more to it, let’s take a look:
- It lets you start a conversation via voice, video and instant messages.
- You can make calls up to 10 people and indulge in a conversation.
- You can add your status messages, send emojis, stickers and animated GIFs.
- You can connect your Google voice account for a phone number, SMS and voicemail integration.
WhatsApp is one of the best video callers for iOS as it has more than 1.2 billion users worldwide. Let’s take a look at the features of Whatsapp:
- It lets you continue your chats on any of the devices which is convenient for you.
- It provides end to end encryption to secure your precious memories and chats.
- You can send voice notes and videos to your family and friends to share your valuable moments.
- You can make audio and video calls to connect and communicate with friends and family.
Viber is one of the best video calling apps on iPhone which provides a handful of features with an excellent interface. Let’s check out the features of Viber:
- It enables you to create groups up to 250 participants and you can also ‘like’ the messages if you have time to give a reply.
- You can make voice and video calls to share all you want in HD quality sound.
- All your calls and messages are protected by end-to-end encryption.Moreover, you can authenticate the contacts manually before talking.
- It also offers you to contact your favorite celebs, brands, businesses and more with Public Accounts.
With 350 million users, Tango is considered to be one of the best alternatives for FaceTime. Let’s know about the features of this video chat app:
- The app works on your phones and tablets, you can make audio and video call to people all around the world with the best quality.
- It enables you to send and receive texts, photos, stickers, audios, videos and more.
- You can also broadcast live videos on Tango and for that, you will get gifts from fans and redeem them for cash.
- You can interact and follow interesting personalities around the world. You can even share photos, videos with your followers and check updates from the people.
imo is one of the best free iPhone video calling apps as it allows you to connect with family and friends all around the world. Let’s take a look at the features of the imo:
- Imo lets you send messages and make free voice and video calls whether the connection is 2G, 3G, 4G or Wi-fi.
- You can initiate a group chat with friends, family and more.
- You can share photos and videos with your contacts.
- All your chat and calls are encrypted giving you a sense of security.
So, these are some of the best video calling apps on iPhone which could make video chat easy and hassle-free to your friends and family who are non-iPhone users. Try them now and let us know which worked for you.