A To-do list is meant to simplify things, not complicate them. But if you end up switching from one to-do list app to another as you are not satisfied the purpose of having them is defeated. Understanding this, after thoroughly testing apps on every platform Android, Windows, macOS, and iOS, here we enlist the best to-do list apps.
The apps listed below are the cream of the crop, they have everything that you ever wanted in a to-do list app for Windows. To know more about them, keep reading the post.
List of Contents
- Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. nTask – organize, prioritize, and monitor task status
- 2. Todoist – a combination of power and simplicity
- 3. TickTick – to-do list app to add calendars & timers
- 4. Microsoft To-Do – Wunderlist alternative & a powerful app
- 5. Things – to-do list with a stylish design
- 6. OmniFocus – designed for organizations
- 7. Habitica – fun way to create a to-do list
- 8. Google Tasks – Google power users
- 9. Remember The Milk – keyboard shortcut friendly to-do list
- 10. Any.do – best to-do list app to remember tasks
Frequently Asked Questions
|What is the best app to create a to-do list?||What do you do with a list app?|
|Does Windows have a To-Do list?||How do I create a To-Do list?|
|Is there a desktop app for Microsoft to do?||Is Microsoft to do list free?|
Best Free & Paid To-do List Apps – 2021
1. nTask – organize, prioritize, and monitor task status
Platform – (Android, Web & iOS)
First on our list for the best to-do list app is nTask, a project management software for smart teams. Using this Free to use online collaboration platform, you can get things done quickly and easily. Also, its advanced filters let you generate CSV, XLS, or PDF files, share them, and print the task from the platform itself.
- Use Slack to convert comment into a task
- Schedule recurring tasks
- 2-FA security feature
- Time tracking module to stay in sync
With its easy-to-use interface, you can navigate to a powerful set of features and complete your task in no time. You can also create tasks, sub-task, and schedule reminders. In addition to this, you can organize, monitor, and line up tasks. Nonetheless, you can use options like Gantt Charts, progress reports, timeline to keep a track of all projects.
- Easy time tracking and timesheet management
- Free to use to-do list app
- Progress bar to see the to-do list
- Comprehensive meeting and task management app
- No functionality to chat with the team
2. Todoist – a combination of power and simplicity
Platform – (Windows, macOS, Android, iOS, Web)
Regain clarity, declutter your mental space with Todolist, the best app to manage tasks. With Todolist, you can create, organize, and manage tasks on each platform. This helps get a clear overview of everything you need to do, without losing focus.
- Move tasks directly to projects from inbox
- Helps setting priority levels
- Real-time work synchronization
- Third-party app integration
You can also label tasks, customize via color code, and add due dates this will give more flexibility and easy tracking of tasks. Moreover, using its AI-powered Smart Schedule feature, you can know when to schedule or reschedule a task. Plus, you can create new tasks in your inbox and then can move them to related projects that help organize things, when you don’t know where to start.
- Offers free version
- Easy sharing controls
- Vast project library templates
- Automatic backup for safekeeping of data
- No in-built time tracker
3. TickTick – to-do list app to add calendars & timers
Platform – Android, Windows, macOS, iPad, Web
With the same features as other best to-do list apps, TickTick is another fast-growing task management app. It offers multiple features like subtasks, priority, tags, and more. Also, the app offers a general keyboard shortcut for the desktop version which makes organizing tasks easy.
- Calendar view to keep a check on upcoming tasks
- List sharing option
- Time tracker with an achievement score
- Data backup
The tool also provides smart reminders for incomplete tasks and for those with a bad habit of snoozing reminders this is an amazing feature. TickTick also offers a Pomodoro timer for deep work with a time limit of 25-minute work sessions.
- User-friendly interface
- Pomodoro timer
- Great time tracking tool
- Smart task management feature
- Impossible to streamline workflow and calendar is only available in the paid version
4. Microsoft To-Do – Wunderlist alternative & a powerful app
Platform – Android, Windows, Web, iOS
Another free best to-do list app is called Microsoft To-Do. Developed by the team behind Wunderlist this app comes with a clean and user-friendly interface. The app is cloud-based and integrates with Office 365. There’s a lot of flexibility within the app and Outlook users can use it to sync their tasks.
- Never miss deadlines with due date tracking
- List sharing for easy collaboration of ideas
- Data synchronization
- Task prioritization
Finally, now there’s a way to sync Outlook. Using it, you can customize presentations, prioritize tasks, add notes, and do a lot more. This top to-do list application is the easiest in the market and it even allows customizing background images.
- Office 365 integrations
- Sync Outlook
- Free to use To-do list app
- Multiple device and platform synchronization
- Option for recurring task management is missing
5. Things – to-do list with a stylish design
Platform – macOS, iPhone, iPad
If you are looking for a very simple to use, Things is the right app for you. This best To-do list application does not fall short of any features yet is simple and minimalist. With this app, you can add a task, organize them, and can even create sub-tasks without cluttering the to-do list.
- Heads up for upcoming tasks
- One tap to-do creation
- Advanced search filters
- Slim mode for focuses task
The app integrates well with the calendar, thereby helping plan the day without missing out on any. You can also sync it with the iPhone and iPad. The only drawback is the lack of Windows and Android apps.
- Filters to sort task
- To monitor task Pie charts are provided
- Calendar view
- For prioritization and quick access drag and drop, the feature is available
- No time tracking for tasks
6. OmniFocus – designed for organizations
Platform – macOS, iOS
Accomplish more every day with OmniFocus best To-do list app. This app comes with a 14-day free trial version that is enough to know how the app works. Using this powerfully productive app, you can keep a track of everything. OmniFocus is integrated with Apple devices, and it easily creates each task and activity.
- Powerful task management software for professionals
- Review mode to keep a check on notes
- Calendar Integration
- Location-based alerts
Using this top To-do list app, you can turn the chaos into orders and can achieve all your goals easily, the app offers advanced features like forecasting, tagging, and projects. With this To-do list app by your side, you can reduce your work and achieve your goal easily.
- Easy syncing to mobile and other systems
- Great task management tool
- Easy to organize task withing projects
- Simple to use interface even when hundreds of tasks are added
- No quarterly view of tasks and due dates
7. Habitica – fun way to create a to-do list
Platform – Android, iPhone and iPad, Web
To accomplish a goal staying motivated is important and if we get to play a game for that, isn’t it awesome? So, let’s convert the mundane activity of creating tasks into exciting gameplay with the best To-do list app Habitica.
- Rewards you for completing the task
- Task reminders
- Filtration of the task according to the deadline for easy management
- Personalized avatars
As you finish your task and level up, the amazing app upgrades your avatar and takes the damage when you are not finishing the things. You also earn in-game currency with this To-do list that you can use later to buy offline rewards.
- Manage task and have funded at the same time
- Free to use To-do list app
- Interactive interface
- Motivated to complete the task
- No innate time tracking
8. Google Tasks – Google power users
Platform – Web, Android, iOS
Another free To-do list app to manage tasks is called Google Tasks. Integrated with Gmail and Google applications this app works well with all platforms. The tool lets you list down tasks in the traditional way. Its UI is simple and makes managing tasks simple.
- Filters to sort task
- Drag and drop option to arrange task
- Due date to arrange tasks
- Additional notes feature
Google Task like other to-do lists comes with easy drag and drop features thereby helping prioritize work. This also helps in altering tasks and managing to-do lists on the go.
- Useable to-do list
- Easy integration with Google apps
- Minimalistic UI
- Free to use To-do list
- No feature for time tracking
9. Remember The Milk – keyboard shortcut friendly to-do list
Platform – Android, iOS, Web
Another application without which this list of best To-do lists isn’t complete is Remember The Milk. It is one of the oldest To-do list apps that comes with great options. Creating tasks, remembering them, checking off them from the list are a few worth mentioning features.
- Smart list based on different criteria
- Third-party application integration
- Customized themes
- Synchronization with Microsoft Outlook
The application also lets you share a task list with friends or anyone and assign the tasks to get things done faster.
- Clutter-free To-do list app
- Search filters
- Easy task and subtask assignment
- Intensive third-party integration
- Only basic team collaboration features
10. Any.do – best to-do list app to remember tasks
Platform – Android, iOS, Web
Last on our list is Any.do an easy to use and manage To-do list application that can be used on the web. This application like Microsoft To-do also has a drag and drop option. It is easy to use and helps no voice users to easily understand it.
- Give voice command and add a new task
- Divide task as per the timeline
- Deadlines and reminder to keep track of task
- Unlimited file attachment
Another interesting feature of this app is voice entry. This means if you don’t want to type you can create a to-do task using these voice notes.
- Recurring task management
- Built-in calendar app
- Notes within task
- A special feature to focus on today’s task only
- No advanced functionality
That’s all from our side, these are the 10 best To-Do list apps that you can use on Windows and other platforms. Using these free and paid apps you can achieve your goals easily and meet deadlines. We hope you like the post and will give anyone of them a try. We’d love to know which one you like and use, please do leave us your answer in the comments section below.
Q1. What is the best app for to-do lists?
- nTask – organize, prioritize and monitor task status
- Todoist – a combination of power and simplicity
- TickTick – to-do list app to add calendars & timers
- Microsoft To-Do – Wunderlist alternative & a powerful app
- Things – to-do list with an elegant design
Q2. What do you do with a list app?
A list app helps manage, organize a task, and meet deadlines using these apps you can achieve your goals and increase productivity.
Q3. Does Windows have a To-Do list?
Microsoft To-Do is the best task management app for Windows. Using this application, you can share lists, file attachments, and integrate with Outlook.
Q4. How do I create a To-Do list?
To create a To-do list, you can use any of the best apps listed above. If you are looking for an app integrated with Google services can go with Google Task. For easy integration with Outlook use Microsoft To do.
Q5. Is there a desktop app for Microsoft to do?
Microsoft To-Do is the desktop app that you can use on Windows
Q6. Is Microsoft to do list free?
Yes, it is free to use app that you can use to create tasks and manage them easily.
We tried to find the best apps that balance these things in various ways. So try out the listed apps and let us know which one worked best for you in the comments section below.