Marketing is a gigantic field! The ways of how we perform our transactions have evolved so much over time. Back in the days, where almost all our transactions were dealt in cash have now totally digitized, since we rely more on credit cards, debit cards, online platforms, and using QR codes.
Before we proceed to our list of best QR code generators for Mac, let’s get a little understanding of what QR codes are and its applications.
What are QR Codes?
A QR (Quick Response) code is a unique combination of code, mostly depicted in the form of multiple bar lines stored in an encoded format. QR codes are everywhere, from your milk can to your smartphone’s packaging box, literally everywhere. QR codes store this information that can be easily decoded with a scanner or a QR code reader app. You’ll be amazed to know that QR code can hold almost any kind of information, be it a contact number, email address, bank account details, WiFi network authentication details, almost anything.
There are broadly two kinds of QR codes: Static and Dynamic. The Static QR codes cannot be changed once created. On the other hand, Dynamic QR codes can be edited anytime, whenever required. Hence, a professional QR code creator will always possess capabilities to create dynamic QR codes that you can easily update as per your requirement.
Why Do you Need a QR Code Generator?
As we mentioned earlier, a QR code can hold almost any kind of information or data. Hence, in this digital age, where almost all our transactions are now carried on a digitally secured platform, what’s better than having your own, personal QR code that can help you in various fronts. Whether you’re using a QR code for storing your details like contact number, email address, website information, or a marketer who needs a custom QR code for making online payments, here is a list of QR codes maker apps that can help you get the job done.
Let’s explore a quick list of best QR code generator for Mac that will allow you to create custom QR codes in unique styles, without any hassle.
Best QR Code Generator for Mac (2023)
1. QR Factory (19.99$)
Curated by Tunabelly Software, the QR factory allows you to create custom QR codes in a jiffy. QR factory is a reliable QR code generator app that allows you to save the code in multiple formats, including PNG, PDF, TIFF, EPF, and more. From storing website URL to GPS location to payment information, the QR factory is a nifty app that allows you to save over 10 kinds of different content.
- Easy customize codes to enhance the QR code design, including rounding off the edges, adding a background color, or a logo.
- Built-in option to directly print the code within the app.
- Supports both macOS Mojave and Catalina.
- Create unlimited QR codes.
2. Acana QR Code Generator (2.99$)
Acana QR Code Generator for Mac supports all the basic functionalities that you expect in a QR code generator tool. Whether it’s a text string or a vCard file, the Acana QR Code Generator app can help you create custom QR codes effortlessly in almost any format.
- Allow you to instantly share the QR code on various platforms like WhatsApp, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook, and more.
- It uses secure Girocode for SEPA money transfer.
- Supports advanced macOS features, including the touch bar, Dark Mode, and Retina Display.
- You can export the QR code in different formations, including PNG, SVG, EPS, or as a vCard file.
3. iBarcoder Lite (FREE)
iBarcoder Lite is a free QR code generator app for Mac that allows you to create custom QR codes in any format, edit them in your style and shape, how you like it.
- Create 100% scannable barcode labels, stickers, and tags.
- It features a “Preview” option where you can instantly review the current changes while creating the QR code.
- Customize the look and feel of the QR code, change color, background, font, and more.
- Export the QR code in high-resolution quality, ideal for commercial purposes.
4. iQR Codes: QR Code Art Studio (11.99$)
Next on our list of best QR code generator for Mac comes iQR Codes. Take your creativity skills to a whole new level as iQR Codes helps you generate QR codes in unique graphic styles. From adding a logo to the background to customize the font, you can easily revamp the QR code design with this nifty QR code creator app for Mac.
- Supports offline mode.
- Generates high-quality QR codes in premium readable quality.
- Also allows you to create QR codes in bulk quantities.
- Supports all common formats, including JPG, PNG, EPS, SVG, TIFF, BMP, and more.
- Offers various overlay options to customize the design of the QR code.
- In-app purchases included.
5. QR Crafter (0.99$)
Embed any information, including contact details, email address, calendar events, GPS locations, or any text string with the help of the QR Crafter app for Mac.
- Simple, easy to use interface.
- Supports all major formats from PNG, SVG, EPS, and more.
- Built-in options to directly print the code, or share it on email.
- Accurate correction levels on various stages.
- Allows you to create custom QR codes even without an Internet connection.
This wraps our quick list of best QR code generator for Mac. Here were a few feature-rich QR code maker tools, designed ideally for Mac that will allow you to create custom, unique-styled QR codes with minimal time and effort. Also, don’t forget to tell us in the comments section, which one is your favorite!