Today we have apps for every necessity, whether it is for ordering food or booking a cab or tickets, we have it all. Moreover, all the apps are available on almost all the platforms. With the need of apps on all platforms increasing day by day, it seems to have sweetened the pot for developers, as they write once and build mobile applications that run on almost all platforms without hassle. So, the application built is compatible with Android and iOS and the code can be used for progressive web applications. Moreover, after some minor changes, it can also be used for desktop applications.
In this post, we have compiled a list of some of the best and useful frameworks which can help you develop cool mobile hybrid applications.
Best Hybrid Mobile App Development Frameworks
One of the best hybrid application development frameworks available to make a hybrid app, Xamarian is an easy to use app development technologies. Let’s take a look at the features of Xamarin which makes it the best hybrid app framework:
- It allows you to perform all the functions in C# which you can do in Objective-C, Java, C or Swift.
- It has native UI, native API access, and native performance.
- It acts as a time saver as it has re-utilizing abilities, tools, teams and the most important thing, code.
2. Ionic Framework
Whether you want an open source or pro services app, the hybrid framework will help you build, deploy, test and monitor the apps seamlessly. Let’s take a look at the features of Ionic Framework:
- Whether you want an open source or pro services app, the framework will help you build, deploy, test and monitor the apps seamlessly.
- It provides services and tools for developing hybrid apps with Web technologies such as CSS, Sass, and HTML5.
- The framework is easy and free to use. It has approximately 120 native device features such as Bluetooth, FingerPrint Auth, HealthKit, and more with Cordova/PhoneGap plugins and TypeScript extensions.
With open web tech, PhoneGap allows developers to build hybrid apps which makes it one of the best hybrid app development frameworks. Let’s take a look at the features of PhoneGap:
- PhoneGap Build eases things out by compiling PhoneGap apps on the cloud. So, you don’t have to get the stress of maintaining the SDKs.
- The framework is an open source distribution of Cordova and also provides access to PhoneGap toolset.
A free and open source hybrid mobile app development tool, Framework7 is efficient enough to build apps for Android and iOS. Let’s take a look at the features of Framework7 to know more:
- It is an essential prototyping apps tool to show working app prototype.
- Some of the features that make it wanted are library agnostic, multiple views support, native scrolling, hardware accelerated animations via CSS3, caching and more.
5. Appcelerator Titanium
Yet another best hybrid app framework, Appcelerator Titanium makes it easy for developers to build hybrid apps on an open source platform. Lets check out the features of Appcelerator Titanium:
- The framework works across cross-platform with full support for Android and iOS, however, CSS and HTML are not included.
- It works on mixed development environments provided by PhoneGap and Xamarin.
- The Titanium SDK is facilitated by Cloud service and several mobile platform APIs to use as an app backend.
6. Mobile Angular UI
Mobile Angular UI is the perfect hybrid mobile app development tool if you want to build HTML5 mobile apps with Bootstrap and AngularJS. Let’s take a look at the features of Mobile Angular UI to know more:
- It depends on robust libraries such as overthrow.js and fastclick.js to get better mobile experience.
- It has UI components switches, scrollable areas, overlays and absolute positioned navbars.
- Mobile Angular UI is available as open source platform and it is free to use under MIT license.
7. Onsen UI
Onsen UI is one of the best hybrid app frameworks, which lets you develop HTML5 hybrid and mobile web apps efficiently. Lets check out the features of Onsen UI:
- It is an open source framework under Apache license.
- It provides side menu, tabs, stack navigation and a lot more components for example lists and forms.
8. Kendo UI
Kendo UI is one of the best hybrid mobile app development tools which uses HTML5 framework for creating cross-platform mobile applications powered by Telerik. Let’s check out the features of Kendo UI to know more about it:
- It enables you to build stunning, high performance and high-quality web apps using the framework that you prefer.
- The app is free and open source framework, however, there are some terms and limitations when it comes to working.
- It also enables you to incorporates with Angular or Bootstrap UI framework as well.
9. React Native
- It provides various components which can be used to speedup the development process.
- On the framework, it works for multiple platforms, it lets you copy the codebase between Android and iOS.
- It uses declarative programming which makes detecting bugs simpler on the paths are chosen by the user.
So, these are some of the best hybrid app frameworks which could help a great deal if you are working on developing mobile applications. Hence, saving your time and efforts. Moreover, you can reuse the code for building a web application version. So, try them and let us know which worked for you!