The average lifespan of an Android smartphone does not last for more than 2 years. Unfortunately, but yes, they start falling apart in some way or another. One of the reason can be attributed to failing ROM, the essence of any electronic device. Upgrading your system with customized ROM can give you updated and unfailing software, ability to explore new and innovative designs and deliver some striking functionalities. And it is imperative to select and use the most secure Android ROM for your smartphone. But why do we need to choose the best of all?
A decent and virtuous custom ROM has the support of an active community along with various devices. However, very few of them support these criteria and have credibility. Now, if you want to augment the age of your smartphone along with better interface, updated software, and controlled bloatware, then you must consider investing in some innovative and customized ROM. In this blog, we will cover the best custom ROM for Android Marshmallow and Lollipop in 2021.
List of Contents
- 1 Best Custom Rom for Android Lollipop
- 2 Best Custom ROM for Marshmallow
Best Custom Rom for Android Lollipop
In this blog, we will cover best custom ROM separately for Android Lollipop and Marshmallow. So, let’s first have a look at best custom ROM for Android Lollipop that is stable, secure, popular and is available in the updated version.
P.S. Installing custom ROM can be tricky and difficult. Therefore, it is advisable to always follow instructions before installation or you might break your device.
1. Cyanide L Android Lollipop:
This customized and advanced ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop along with some amazing features like privacy guard, keypad shuffler, Ad Blocker, lock screen slider, advanced rebooting, supporting multi-user, inbuilt superSU etc. This is not the end as the ROM has advanced features like
- Audio FX
- Full Ambient display
- Wakelock blocker
- System App Remover
- Battery Saver custom choice
- Heads-Up notification
- Nova Launcher
- Gesture Lock screen
- Custom Wifi and Network Colors
- Status Bar Ticker
2. LiquidSmooth Lollipop custom ROMs
LiquidSmooth is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop AOSP sources and is one of the most popular customized ROM in the market. Its advanced features like lock screen, customization of notifications, SlimPIE and custom computer code makes it one of the most secure Android ROM in the market. Some of its features are
- Offers additional information about the device
- Removes OTA and report about Google bug
- Call blocklist options
- Toast animations
- Hardware key rebinding
- Immersive messages disable options
- Screenshot noise disable options
- Information about partition size
- Default developer options
- Navigation bar height control
3. CyanogenMod 12.1
One of the best custom ROM for Android Lollipop is CyanogenMod 12.1 offering better customization options and is compatible with many devices like Nexus 6, 7 and 10, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z2, Z3 etc. Some of its features are
- Search bar: The search bar options in Recents menu give users the opportunity to find installed apps, web and more in their smartphone.
- Live Display: Automatic optimization of the screen to augment readability and lessen eye strain based on the condition and time.
- LCD density: Ability to change the software density of the phone letting users to manage content information displayed on the screen. Users can manage content based on their preference.
- Notification manager: Can enable or disable Heads up notifications, alter notification options of the installed apps, filter notifications coming from installed apps and inspect apps reading notification in the settings section of the device.
4. Resurrection Remix ROM
Resurrection Remix is one of the most feature-packed ROM and has gained its reputation for its efficient and firm performance. Moreover, this customized and advanced ROM enhances the battery life of your device and is supported by a large online community. Availability of supporting community allows users to approach them for help and therefore it is one of the renowned brands in the world of custom ROMs. Some of the features of Best Custom ROM for Android Lollipop are
- Standard Android Nougat features
- Lineage OS features,
- Customization options.
- Enable/Disable Navbar
- Navbar Fling
- Navbar Button Customization smart bar
- Navbar Pulse
- Double Tap To sleep navbar
Best Custom ROM for Marshmallow
Currently, there are thousands of customized ROM is available in the market for Android Marshmallow. many of them are fully-featured, stable and has some amazing customization options. In this section, we are covering the best custom ROM that is presently available in the market for Marshmallow. Let us begin.
5. CyanogenMod 13
CyanogenMod 13 offers some added customization options that are not available in any smartphones. Also, this custom ROM has all its features enlisted in the settings menu of the device like toggle options besides the Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and network options, lock screen, notifications, system profiles etc. Also, CyanogenMod 13 is compatible with various devices. Let us have a look at some of its features of the best custom ROM for Marshmallow individually.
- Sound: Give users complete command on every sound of the device. From augmenting ring volume to the ability to set vibration motor intensity and modifications to enable or disable charging sounds, users can control every aspect of sound.
- Display & lights: New features includes double tapping of status bar to put the device to sleep, ability to customize the notification LED, search bar availability in Recents menu and of course tweaking of brightness level automatically.
- Live Display: This custom ROM has implemented f.lux along with features like controlled contrast and brightness, automatic optimization of your device display based on time and available light.
- Expanded Desktop: This feature allows users to use their apps in full-screen mode and is beneficial for devices that have an on-screen navigation bar. Nexus 5 and 6 has this feature and hence is best suited for these phones. Also, you can hide the status bar choice and use the navigation bar simultaneously.
- LCD Density: This feature allows users to modify the software display density of the device. Users can alter the values based on the content requirement. Lower the value, the higher the content on the screen displayed and vice versa.
- Font size: you can increase or decrease the size of the font in granular format rather than in percentage, which is available in Android phone.
If you do not want to download CyanogenMod but looking for all the features present in this custom ROM, then OmniROM is something you are looking for. Considered as the spiritual successor of the CyanogenMod and the most secure Android ROM, OmniROM is the best alternative available in the market. Some of its features are
- Let user select their own Google Apps build
- Includes Flick2Wake & Pick2Wake
- Has active display options
- Allow customization of the Status Bar & Notification drawer
- Allow customization of Launcher
- Uses Voice Controls
Unlike other customized ROMs, Cataclysm has an automatic Smart Radio function. It can modify the radio power mode based on the connection available at that moment. Also, it allows users to alter other features like clock style, navigation bar, NFC mode and battery coin. Moreover, this customized and advanced ROM allows tweaking of power menu and granular app permission management. The only drawback of this ROM is that it is compatible with limited devices only especially to Nexus devices. But here are some of the features of this customized ROM are
- Improvisation of every basic feature
- The focus is on stability and quality, easy to install and use, and bug free
- Developed computer code
- Bring AOSP features to stock firmware in a unique way.
- Includes all basic feature including 100% Google experience
- Includes optional/configurable Google Apps with AROMA installer.
- Supports Android Pay and RRO themes.
8. crDroid 3.8.5
Based on Lineage OS 14.1, runs on Android 7.1.2 and is the latest addition to the D4 scene, crDroid 3.8.5 is considered as the branch of spyder builds. With limited drawbacks, crDroid 3.8.5 is one the best custom ROM for Marshmallow. If your device has less Gapps package or is running on MicroG, then your device might turn slow.
- Supports JJB’s overclock kernels and Wi-Fi does not work without it
- Supports altpart Safestrap for repurposing webtop partition
- The stock slot has the largest system partition
- It has built-in signature spoofing for MicroG/Xposed support
- Supports latest Android security patch level
- Integrated custom fonts
- Ad free browser integration
- Long battery life
- Cool settings section along with other custom features.
9. Dirty Unicorns
One of the primary reason for installing Custom ROM to the device is to give a major boost to its performance. They offer unique ways to customize or tweak small features that altogether enhance your device. As far as Dirty Unicorns is considered, it has some amazing features that every user must give a shot. Let us have a look at some of its characteristics.
- Customizations: Not all custom ROM offers satisfactory customization level including CyanogenMod. But Dirty Unicorns delivers customization at much better level.
- Battery Life: Neither improved nor degraded, with Dirty Unicorns the battery life stays as before.
- Stability: No random rebooting and works amazingly with driver making it super stable.
10. Resurrection Remix OS
Resurrection Remix OS is an amalgamation of stability, fully-packed features, and open source ROM best features. Also, it has some great in-built original Resurrection Remix ROM add-ons. It is one of the best Custom ROM for Marshmallow with some of the well-known features. Let us have a look
- Stable: The software is structured in a manner that offers stability to Android device, to which every user can rely upon.
- Android Nougat: Users receives the latest updates from CyanogenMod, Google, Paranoid Android, Omni, Slimroms and AOKP.
- Devices: Compatible with many devices along with support from forums including large followers.
- Community: The forum or the community members are connected via social media websites like Facebook, Google+, Twitter etc.
- Open Source: Everyone can take part in the growth of the Resurrection Remix OS as this ROM is open source.
- OTA Updates: Users can get notification over-the-Air about for every new release of Resurrection Remix ROM.
- Battery Friendly: The ROM is battery-friendly as it does not support any battery hogging features.
The main advantage that Android users have is the ability to tweak the software, play with apps and make various innovative changes. You can improve your device as per your interest. However, the life of any Android device is calculated by many factors like its stock software, Rom etc. If you have any other custom ROM for Android Marshmallow and Lollipop, then do comment in the section below.