Flight delays and extended wait at airports can be a mood spoiler just before your long-awaited vacations can kick-off. Avoiding that would mean numerous calls to your travel agent or Airlines office to confirm the timings and schedules of the flight.
Must Read: 5 Best iPhone And iPad Cleaner Apps 2017
To save you from the hassle of checking flight schedules and reducing the waiting time at the Airport, we have listed some of the best apps to track flights, on your iPhone.
1. FlightAware Flight Tracker
One of the best apps to track your flights on iPhone, FlightAware Flight Tracker tracks the real-time flight status of all commercial flights, worldwide.
Features of FlightAware Flight Tracker
- Enables you to track general aviation (private, charter, etc.) in the United States and Canada.
- Enables search for flight status by aircraft registration, route, airline, flight number, city pair, or airport code.
- Tracks data which includes, complete flight details and full-screen maps with NEXRAD radar overlay.
- Sends push notifications for flight departure/arrival info, as well as cancellations, gate changes, delays, and diversions.
Price – Free
FlightBoard brings to you on your iPhone the Arrival/ Departure board for any airport in the world.
Features of FlightBoard
- covers over 16,000 airports and 1,400 airlines worldwide.
- Refreshes every minute to keep you updated about flight schedule and delays if any.
- Allows search for specific flights, by destination or airline and instantly narrows down results using an efficient search interface
- Enables smooth switch between Departures and Arrivals boards.
Price – $3.99
3. FlightView Free
FlightView Free provides real-time information about flight schedules.
Features of FlightView Free
- Allows to track upcoming and in-air flights.
- User receives status alerts through push notifications.
- Enables to check gate assignments, delays, and cancellations.
- Displays the flight status on an attractive map.
- Itinerary confirmation emails if forwarded to an email id provided by the app will be automatically uploaded in Trips.
- The home page of the app gives an easy view into your home airport’s current status and your next trip.
Price – Free
Flightradar24 turns your iPhone into a flight tracker and enables you to keep a track of planes around the world with real-time updates.
Features of Flightradar24
- Helps get information about flights overhead, all you need to do is simply point your device at the sky.
- With the app, you can see what the pilot of an aircraft sees in 3D.
- Just tap on the plane to get flight details such as route, estimated time of arrival, the actual time of departure, aircraft type, speed, altitude, high-resolution photos of the actual aircraft and more.
- Tap on the Airport icon to get the arrival & departure boards, flight status, aircraft on the ground, current delay stats and detailed weather conditions.
Price – $2.99
5. App in the Air
The app in the Air becomes your wingman while travelling as it keeps you updated with the flight’s real-time status, which makes it one of the best app for tracking flights on your iPhone.
Features of App in the Air
- Helps manage time at the airport including the waiting time, check-in, boarding, takeoff and landing time.
- Helps to plan in advance, gives a chance to get the best seat in an aircraft as it sends constant reminders about opening online check-in straight from the app.
- It can keep the track of miles, hours you’ve flown and airports, airline & aircraft you’ve visited
- Once upgraded, with the Premium feature, you can get free flight notifications without the Internet for any one flight.
Price – Free – $34.99(Annually)
Yet another favorite application of iPhone users, FlightStats is a real-time flight status and airport tracking application.
Features of FlightStats
- Gives a quick access to worldwide flight status by flight number, airport or route.
- Provides you with important information like departure/arrival times, delay indexes, gates, and weather.
- Allows you to watch flights as they move across the world with a flight tracker.
- Offers access to flight timeline for details of all activities about your flight. Moreover, you can also see your flight status on your Apple Watch.
Price – Free
7. The Flight Tracker
Last but definitely not the least, The Flight Tracker is one of the best ways to organize your travels and stay updated with the delays and changing schedules of your flights.
Features of The Flight Tracker
- Can track any flight in the world.
- Provides you with detailed departure and arrival information.
- Automatically synchronizes with your TripIt account.
- Also offers extended weather forecast as per Airport up to 10 days.
Price – $5.99
These are some of the best apps to track flights on your iPhone. Try them and let us know which one is your favorite!