The greatest way to secure your home and family members from intruders is by using a home security system. Moreover, according to various sources, a house without a security system is two times more likely to be targeted by burglars. Indeed, it is the best way to get some peace of mind at all times.
However, installing a home security system can be costly but what if you can use your smartphone to do it for you? Yes, it’s true! Here are some of the Android apps that help you strengthen your home security.
Rating: 4.3 Stars
With over twenty million users in more than 200 countries, TrackView is an amazing app to protect your family and valuables. Like your smartphone, turn your home into a smart home by connecting mobile video surveillance and monitoring system. TrackView comes with cloud recording and location tracking capabilities to ensure your safety.
Benefits of Using TrackView:
- You can integrate TrackView with a Gmail account
- It provides real-time GPS Location tracking facility.
- Get remote control of Front and Rear camera switch.
Note- This application has been discontinued
2. IP Webcam
Rating: 4.2 Stars
Using IP Webcam app, it is possible to turn your smartphone into a network camera that offers various viewing options such as VLC Player and Web browser without an Internet connection. Best of all, it supports two-way audio in Android device and tinyCam Monitor as well.
Benefits of Using IP Webcam:
- It provides sensor data acquisition with online web graphing.
- Capable of motion detection along with sound trigger and Tasker integration.
- Upload/share your videos using Dropbox, SFTP, FTP, and Email with Filoader plugin.
3. Home Security Camera WardenCam
Rating: 4.3 Stars
Whether you want to monitor your child or want to know that whether your kids are back from school or not, WardenCam it is. It never takes its eye off of your home. It is the best way to ensure home security by watching it all day and night. You can talk and listen from the viewer console to any of the cameras.
Benefits of Using Home Security Camera WardenCam
- It provides 24/7 video monitoring.
- It offers free cloud storage that is direct synced with your Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Allows you to set multiple cameras in one system. Moreover, you can enjoy live streaming 24/7.
4. Alfred Home Security Camera
Rating: 4.5 Stars
If you’re looking for some peace of mind to keep your home safe and secure in your absence as well, then you need to have an Alfred Home Security Camera. It is a useful app that helps you to monitor your baby or keep an eye on your teens. You can also use it to check your pet’s health by using it as Pet Cam.
Benefits of Using Alfred Home Security Camera:
- Capable of zooming to catching the tiniest details and facial expressions.
- You can stream live videos as well as recorded videos whenever and wherever you want with remote access.
- It provides 360 cameras that can easily cover a bigger area with both the lenses.
5. AtHome Camera – Home security video surveillance
Rating: 4.4 Stars
AtHome Camera is considered as one of the most trusted home security and video surveillance apps across the world. It is trusted by over millions of users to keep a tab on their places in their absence. You can use it as a nanny camera to know the real face and their behavior with your child.
Benefits of Using AtHome Camera:
- You can communicate with your pets as well as with the people who knock your door by using the built-in mic and speaker functions.
- It comes with face recognition technology that automatically checks your family video and lets you know whether the people are a family member or not.
- AtHome Camera offers a multi-view display that simultaneously lets you watch up to 4 cameras from different streamers on a signal screen.
Also Read: 14 Best Android Security Apps
6. Video Surveillance Ivideon
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Last but not the least, Video Surveillance Ivideon is a fantastic app that is used by millions of users on every day for personal and business purposes. Apart from offering remote video monitoring, it is also video recording for security cameras, DVRs, and NVRs.
Benefits of Using Video Surveillance Ivideon
- You can access high-quality video streaming with great sound via any standard connected device.
- It comes with swift search and view recorded surveillance video capabilities.
- The app focuses on your security and allows you to transfer and store data safely.
Overall, all the above-mentioned Home Security apps are reliable to safeguard your place and family in your absence. But my favorite is AtHome Camera, you can get on board with the one that fulfills your requirements. Do not forget to share which one you choose out these apps in the below comments.