When we talk about office productivity suites, Microsoft Office is the first name that comes to our mind. Undoubtedly, it is one of the pioneers that provides enriched features such as spell checker, backing up and data security. However, it also costs some dollars to have this suite. Well! some good things also come for free! So if you’re looking for an office suite that comes for free, then here is a list of 7 best alternatives of Microsoft office in 2023. So, let’s get started!
Best MS Office Alternatives 2023
1. Google Drive
Rating: 4.4 Stars
It is a file storage and synchronization service developed by Google, which allows you to synchronize files across other devices and store your files in the cloud. With more than 800 million active users, indeed Google Drive is one of the best alternatives to Microsoft office.
- It offers 15 GB of free storage.
- It allows you to share files and folders with your friends and family.
- According to your preference, you can set and allow access to others to comments, edit and view your documents.
- Google Drive securely stores your files and allows you to access them anytime and anywhere.
2. Polaris Office
Rating: 4.3 Stars
Polaris Office is a free office service, which has over 60 million users worldwide. It is suitable to enhance your creativity with handwriting input. You can view, edit and draw whatever is going on, on your mind. Polaris Office is all-in-one complete office suite that is fully compatible with Microsoft Office, PDF Reader & Converter.
- It quickly allows you to access your documents on any device, anytime and anywhere.
- The program is available in 18 global languages including English, Japanese, and Spanish.
- It supports a variety of file formats for example PDF, PPT, DOC, DOCX, PPS, HWP, PPTX, PPSX, ODT, XLS and XLSX.
- You can directly capture photos from camera to documents or insert video clips from your Android device.
Rating: 4.1 Stars
SmartOffice is one of the best MS Office alternatives, which lets you edit, view, share, create and save MS Office documents quickly. Apart from being an easy-to-use program, it also allows to you edit and review your expense accounts and budgets plans.
- It is available in more than 35 different languages including English.
- You can convert and save Office documents to PDF format with ease.
- You can password protect your files and allow access only to selected people to edit, view your documents.
- This ultimate tool supports Cloud facility, which allows you to open, view, and save documents to the cloud without any distress to synchronize it with Google Drive and Dropbox.
4. WPS Office
Rating: 4.5 Stars
It is an office suite for Microsoft Windows, iOS, Android, and Linux. WPS Office is the smallest size, in fact, less than 35 MB office suite, which is trusted and downloaded by millions of people. It is all-in-one free Office suite program that is fully compatible with Google Docs, and Microsoft Office (Word, Txt, Excel, and PowerPoint). Indeed, it is one of the best alternatives to Microsoft Office.
- It supports tons of new Presentation layouts, transition effects, and animation.
- You can effortlessly recover deleted documents within 30 days.
- It provides intuitive and inimitable mobile Office experience by supporting mobile view mode and special night mode for PDFs reading.
- The app supports over 51 languages and all Office file formats such as docx, doc, dot, dotx, etc.
5. LibreOffice Viewer
Rating: 3.6 Stars
Libreoffice Viewer is a free and open source office suite, which allows you to, edit, view, create, slideshows, drawings, and diagrams while working with the database. It is available for almost all the platforms such as Windows, Android, Mac, and Linux.
- It is available in 110 different languages.
- LibreOffice Viewer comes clean and user-friendly interface.
- It supports multiple formats such as open document format (odt, ods and odp) and all the versions of Microsoft Office (doc, docx, xls and ppt, pptx and xlsx.)
- LibreOffice Viewer is a powerful tool, which is tested, used by large and devoted people.
Rating: 4.3 Stars
It is an easy-to-use cloud-based office suite, which is available for Android, iOS, and Windows. OfficeSuite is extremely easy to setup and it expands as needed. The software comes with advanced features and straightforward interface to give an unforgettable experience. It is available in 68 different languages.
- OfficeSuite allows to store up to 15.0 GB of documents in the cloud.
- It is compatible with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Adobe PDF file.
- It is an integrated with File Commander for advanced synchronization and provides quick access to remote files and local files.
- OfficeSuite is completely compatible with all the Microsoft formats such as ppt, pptx, doc, docm, docx, ppt, xls, xlsm and pps.
7. AndrOpen Office
Rating: 3.9 Stars
AndrOpen Office is the world’s first port of OpenOffice for Android devices that lets you edit, view, create, insert and export office documents in no time. This incredibly designed software is trusted by more than 2 million people. It supports 30+ languages including English (British) and English (US).
- It supports OneDrive, Box, Google Drive and Dropbox.
- You can safely protect your documents using passwords.
- It supports various file formats including ODT, ODS, EMF, WMF, ODP, ODG, JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, ODF, etc.
- AndrOpen Office supports spell checker, thesaurus and hyphenator to give next level writing experience.
So, these are the best MS Office alternatives, which we’ve selected based on their ratings and features. Let us know which office suites work for you in the comment box.