Gaming is surely one of the biggest sources of entertainment as one can download and play hundreds of latest and popular games. Since professional or seasoned gamers always like to display their skills to friends, a game recording software surely comes in handy. Therefore here are 10 best game recording software for Windows that you can choose from.
Best Game Recorder Software For Windows 10, 8, 7
1. Open Broadcaster Studio
Rating: 4.3 Stars
Open Broadcaster Studio is one of the most popular and best game recorder software for Windows user. It is a free and open source program for video recording and live streaming that is easy to use. This powerful software makes screencasting incredibly intuitive and quickly allows you to record your favorite game.
- OBS comes with multiple filters for video sources such as image masking, color correction and color keying.
- The software allows you to add new sources, duplicate existing ones, and adjust their properties effortlessly.
- It records high performance real time game videos for capturing and mixing.
- It supports all the streaming platforms such as Twitch, Hitbox, YouTube Live, and Facebook Live.
- It is bit complex to build scenes.
- It has a steep learning curve.
Must Read: 10 Best Video Sharing Sites 2021
Rating: 3.6 Stars
Price: Free – $39
Bandicam is a simple program that makes it possible for you to record various 2D/3D games and HD videos on your computer. This software is not only one of the best game, video, Webcam and screen recording tools but also a best software to record iTunes, YouTube, Video chatting Skype and PowerPoint without any difficulties.
Bandicam records file in smaller size as compared to the other software.
- It is lightweight screen recorder for windows that can capture anything on your computer screen as high-intense games and high-quality videos.
- It allows you to add a mouse click effect and animation while recording.
- It is available in total 52 languages including Bulgarian, Russian and Kurdish.
- It doesn’t support Live streaming.
- It leaves watermark at the top of the video on the trial version.
Rating: 3 Stars
Price: $ 35.50
Dxtory is one of the best game recording software for Windows that records multiple audio from multiple sources and supports third-party video codecs and broadcast output. It is a movie capturing software for DirectX and OpenGL applications. The software is free to try but it has a few limitations.
- It allows you to record original pixel data and obtains the highest quality by lossless video source.
- You can customize screenshots with margin, scaling, and clipping options and save them in various formats.
- It leaves a noticeable lag when you save recordings during gameplay.
Rating: 3.6 Stars
Price: Free – $ 37.00
FRAPS is a universal Windows application that can be used with games using DirectX or OpenGL graphic technology. It is useful for taking screenshots and recording video and games on your computer screen. This real-time video capture runs in the background while you play games.
- It allows to capture a screenshot in just one click.
- It is a lightweight software that is easy to use.
- Fraps comes with good configuration settings that makes your work a lot easier than your expectations.
- It captures audio and video up to 7680×4800 with custom frame rates from 1 to 120 frames per second.
- This powerful utility doesn’t provide video conversion options.
- It adds a watermark and save the captures in BMP format.
Rating: 3.9 Stars
ShadowPlay is an add-on app for GeForce Experience that records and captures your greatest gaming moments. It is the easiest and quickest way to record and share high-quality gameplay videos, screenshots, and livestreams with your near and dear ones. The best part of this software is, it is hardware accelerated that allows you to leave the software running in the background without worrying about video capture impacting your performance. Isn’t it great?
- This tool manually records gameplay videos for as long as you want, all at up to 4K at 60 frames per second.
- You can upload screenshots and recorded games on Facebook, YouTube and Google.
- It supports camera and custom graphic overlays to better personalize your livestream.
- It demands enough space in hard drive.
- It is not possible to enjoy twitch streaming and shadow recording at the same time.
6. WM Capture
Rating: 3.2 Stars
Price: Free – $ 39.95
WM Capture is the highest quality video-from-screen recorder ever created and indeed one of the best game recorder software for Windows computer.
- This powerful tool can record streaming videos.
- It is not only a great option to record your favorite movies, intense games, HD video and video Chat sessions but also considered as the easiest way to records audio tracks from mic or speakers.
- It has super high frame rates that creates the highest quality videos with audio.
- This software is a little unstable at times.
- It lacks hotkeys
Rating: 4.3 Stars
Price: Free -$ 9.99
XSplit is a simple yet powerful live streaming and recording software which is a perfect choice for producing video content with the video games you love. Unlike other programs, this tool is capable of using other apps such as TwitchAlerts for enhancing game streams.
- It is easy to use software that allows to drag and drop graphic integration.
- It has a good and responsive technical support team.
- This software comes with the unique feature of cloud space.
- It is free to try with some minor limitations, until you purchase it.
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Yet another best game recording software for Windows users, Plays.tv is the ultimate platform for gamers to record, replay and relive gaming highlights. It automatically records your gaming sessions and detects best moments in popular games. Play.tv supports more than 300 games.
- It allows you create clips and highlight reels in seconds.
- You can personalize it with custom text and stickers.
- It allows you share clips to social media.
- Apart from recording your game, sometimes it also records whatever you are doing on your computer.
Rating: 4 Stars
Price: $ 34.95
D3DGear is a fast game recording and live streaming software that easily records game and movie with best quality, small size and minimal lag. It automatically measures video game framerate (FPS) and display frame rate on your computer screen. D3DGear also allows users to press hotkey to switch framerate ON or OFF.
- It supports image format of BMP, JPG, TGA, PNG, PPM or HDR.
- The software automatically detects disk space and warns user to stop movie recording if a low disk space condition is detected.
- It allows you to use advanced 3D technology to minimize performance impact on video game performance while recording video game to movie.
- It supports ‘Push-To-Talk’ feature.
- It does not allow to record any browser elements with this application.
- You won’t be able to set a custom frame rate.
10. ZD Soft Screen Recorder
Rating: 3 Stars
Price: Free – $ 39.00
Last but not the least, ZD Soft Screen Recorder is an amazing game recorder software for windows that captures your computer screen content with sound and saves as compressed video files in various formats.
- It is a powerful and easy-to-use software.
- It has a perfect audio and video synchronization and it supports multi monitor system.
- ZD Soft Screen Recorder can capture multiple audio sources at the same time, for example playback and voice devices.
- It might impact your game performance when you’re recording your games with this software.
These are the 10 best game recorder software for Windows users. If you think any other software should be a part of the list, then let us know in comments.