Your phone is with you all the time, no matter where you are. Even if you are driving, you tend to text or talk to people most of the time. These distractions might be hazardous sometimes. With iOS 11, the feature Do not Disturb While Driving takes the tension off, as it mutes all incoming notifications while you are driving.
Do not Disturb While Driving is one of the best features as enabling it could not only avert the diversions but also save people’s lives along with yours. The feature can be automated the first time when you install iOS 11, but you can also set it manually.
So, let’s talk about the feature Do not Disturb While Driving and enable it to avoid distraction and keep your loved ones informed while you are on the road..
Do not Disturb While Driving
Do Not Disturb While Driving is an addon to Apple’s Do not Disturb feature, which restricts notifications and alerts on your iPhone. Moreover, the feature will also reply to your contacts who text you, so that they know you are driving.
How To Enable It?
When you activate Do Not Disturb While Driving, it doesn’t show and silences all the phone calls, messages and alerts. Phone calls get excluded if the iPhone is connected to a vehicle which has a hands-free calling.
The feature can be enabled in three ways:
- Automatically: The feature gets activated automatically based on detected motion. It will use the iPhone’s internal sensors to sense when you’re driving.
- Manually: This is the least liked feature as you have to enable the feature on your own. So, everytime you start driving, you need to activate the feature
- When Connected to Car Bluetooth: If your car has Bluetooth connectivity, Do Not Disturb While Driving will get activated as soon as it connects to the car’s Bluetooth-enabled receiver.
If you are at halt, want to use your phone, you will get a prompt, asking if you are driving, tap on I’m Not Driving.
Image Credits: iMore.com
Let’s enable it:
- Go to the Settings.
- Navigate to Do Not Disturb.
- Tap on it and go to Do Not Disturb While Driving.
- Tap Activate.
- Now you will get three options to choose from, Automatically, When Connected to Car Bluetooth and Manually.
- Choose whatever suits you.
You can also add Do not Disturb While Driving feature to Control Centre to access it quickly. To do that, go to Settings-> Control Centre-> Customize Controls-> Choose Do not Disturb While Driving by clicking on the plus sign beside it.
You can also set the auto reply to the incoming calls and texts of your contacts or list of people that you choose to keep them informed, for that, go to Settings-> Do not Disturb-> Auto Reply To(Let you select the people whom you want to keep informed) and Auto Reply(it will let you customize your auto-reply)
In this way, you can use Do not Disturb While Driving feature and drive safely without any diversion.