We often fight back a curse when someone takes our phone for even a minute. Be it for checking out an image or a cat video. Needless to say, in the event of a lost phone, our panic level grows and becomes one of the biggest and worst nightmare of our lives. The reason behind this panicking is not just the cost of the device, but, also the personal information, contacts, photos and banking details that is saved on one’s phone.
This is the basic reason we can’t afford to lose our phones as such information in the wrong hands can do severe damage to our social and personal lives. If one has already lost a smartphone, don’t worry; take a deep breath because we have a list of apps that can help work as free cell phone trackers. The list mentioned in the blog are find my phone apps on Android. Most of these apps can be installed even after one misplaces their device while other apps have to be on the phone in order to function as a phone locator. Let’s check out the top 7 find my phone apps on Android.
Find Lost Android Phone Apps
1. Find my Phone
This Google native app has all the basic functions l Here are its features:
- It locates the missing phone within a specified distance.
- This app lets the device owner call it and make it ring, wipe off all the crucial information and messages the phone has.
- It is completely free and there are no in-app purchases. So, as a phone locater, it meets all the check marks in our boxes.
2. Family Locator and Monitor – TrackView
Family Locator and Monitor – TrackView is a must have find my phone app for Android users as it offers the most advanced and high-end features. Some of the features of this app are mentioned below:
- It is a free of cost app and need to be downloaded on the Android smartphone in case its services are to be used.
- It offers users the top of the line surveillance system that utilizes the powers of cell towers to track and GPS to locate the missing device’s current position. This location is then sent to the user’s registered Gmail account.
- It has a cloud storage option with which one can back up their data.
- It also uses the dual camera in the smartphone to remotely record audios and videos.
This is a must-have app as it has many advanced features to offer.
3. Where’s my Droid
Where my Droid is one of the most popular and a free cell phone tracker app that is available on Android. With a huge number of followers and users, this app sure has managed to create a clout for itself as the best find my phone app on Android. Here are some of its features:
- The best feature of this app is that when one loses their phone, all they need to so is simply send a text to it. It will start ringing even if it’s on silent mode, while simultaneously, the owner gets a text informing the exact GPS coordinates of the missing phone.
- Another mind-blowing feature of this phone locator app is that it connects to the commander option (web-based interface) from where the phone owner can control the device remotely.
- The pro- version of the app has some advanced features like: taking photographs with the stolen phone’s camera, remote locking the phone so that no one can access it and lastly, remote wipe to delete all sensitive information and data.
This app has many options that will help a user locate their misplaced phone in a jiffy. This app, ‘Where’s my Droid’ should be installed on smartphones pronto.
4. Lost Android
A find my phone app that not only locates the missing device but also annoys the perpetrator. While they deserve criminal level justice, annoying the holy hell out of them, just might satisfy our need for petty vengeance for the inconvenience caused to us. Here are some of its features:
- Through SMS or the official website, this app lets the owner activate the ringing of the alarm in their mobile device remotely that too with a flashing screen!
- One can also, check out the latest call list (especially useful when the cell is stolen), turn the GPS and internet on or off.
- It even remotely wipes the SD card clear of any data in order to keep it secured.
- It informs the owner via an email in the likely case of SIM card changes.
- It even lets the user take the picture of the thief with both the rear and front camera, and makes the phone speak through text-to-speech. Both these features can be done remotely.
This app works even after the phone is lost, due to the fact that it is remote installed, and since its hidden from the launcher, it’s hard to uninstall making it a must-have app.
5. Prey Anti-Theft
This app has been on the block for a while and people trust it. The sole purpose of Prey Anti-Theft is to help you locate your stolen or missing device.
Here are its features:
- The basic features include- locating the phone, device locking and making the alarm go off.
- Prey lets you take pictures so that you may figure out where your device is, and also check out information about where it had been before.
This app is completely free and easy to use, and you must check it out.
6. Lookout Security and Antivirus
It has both the free and premium version which is $2.99 per month. Here are its features:
- It helps you track your phone through Google Maps.
- Lets you ring the alarm loudly even when it’s on silent mode.
- You can also remote lock your phone completely.
- Even after the battery runs out and the phone is switched off, you can get the last location of the phone through Lookout security and antivirus.
- When you find your phone, it automatically backup and restore the device’s data.
An advanced app, and if you are willing to pay for the premium version, it will serve you better.
7. Avast Mobile Security
This anti-virus software has a hidden anti-theft feature which is quite simple to use. Here are its features:
- Through Avast, you can remotely control your stolen phone through SMS sent from another phone or the web.
- You can even log into web controls to track the phone or give it any commands.
This is perfect if you don’t want too many apps to clutter your phone as it will protect your phone from virus and help you track it in the event of losing it.
I hope that this list will help you to track your misplaced or stolen phones. If there are any other apps that may help the readers that I have missed, please write below in the comment sections.