Spotlight search is an amazing feature on your iPhone that allows you to search for things quickly. You can search for apps, contacts and messages. You can even find things over the internet quickly using Spotlight Search. But if you often give your iPhone to your kids or to other people then you can land in big trouble if they start exposing your activities. For example, if someone type love in the Spotlight Search it will show the messages containing the word or contacts with this name.
Thankfully you can put an end to this. In this article, you will find that how you can stop spot light search to show content from certain Apps.
- Go to Settings and then open Siri & Search
- Scroll down and find the application for which you want to disable Spotlight Search. I want to disable it for WhatsApp so I have to scroll to the bottom.
- Tap on the app and toggle the switch in front of Search & Siri Suggestions. Turn it off this will stop content from this particular app on the Spotlight Search.
That’s it now my Spotlight Search will not show any content from WhatsApp.
Also Read: 7 Best Alternatives Of iTunes In 2017
If you want to hide all applications completely from the Spotlight Search then it can be done by following these steps.
- Go to Settings and then go to Siri & Search.
- Scroll down you will find Suggestions in Search Switch. Toggle it off.
Now when you will go to Spotlight Search it will not show you any of the applications though it will show you the app if you type any content related to it or the exact name of the application.
Also Read: Best iPhone Launchers For Android 2017
This is how you can save your content from being displayed on the Spotlight Search So now you can easily handover your iPhone to your kids or to your friends they will not find any personal stuff of yours very easily. If you have an iOS devices dedicatedly for your kids and you do not want them to use each and every feature of it then you can use guided access or Restriction passcode.