Chromecast is a device by Google to screen cast your Android device on TV. Through device, you can see videos, surf, and do whatever you feel like with your Android smartphone. But, the problem is, many of you might not have an idea about how to set up Chromecast for Android devices. Don’t worry! We are here to help you out, as this article is about the step-by-step guide to set up Chromecast or Chromecast Ultra for Android smartphones.
Prior to begin with the guide, you need to have an Android device that allows cast feature. If it doesn’t have cast option, then Chromecast will not work.
Also, before beginning with the process, first you need to plugin Chromecast in HDMI port of your TV.
- Download and install Google Home app from Google Play Store on your Android device.
- Now, open Google Home app, and tap on ‘Get Started’. After which, it will ask for Google account confirmation, tap on the Google account you want to use for operating Chromecast. Press ‘OK’ to continue.
- As soon as you press OK, Android device will start scanning for nearby Chromecast device. After connecting to your Chromecast, tap on ‘Next’ button.
- After connecting, a code will be displayed on your TV screen. Tap ‘Yes’ to configure Chromecast.
- Following to which, it will also ask whether you want to share your Chromecast’s crash stats or not. Tap ‘Yes, I’m in to share’, otherwise press ‘No, Thanks’.
- For proceeding further, some of you might need to set the region. So, for that, tap region list and choose your region. After which press ‘Continue’ to proceed.
- Next, it asks you to select the room in which your device is set up. It is done to make sure that device gets connected automatically.
- Now, connect to the Wifi. Make sure you connect your Android device to the same Wifi network to which your Chromecast is connected. Press ‘Next’.
- Next Google Home app will ask you to link Chromecast with your Google account to give you more personalized and better experience. Press ‘Continue’ on this screen.
- At last, a summary screen will be displayed on your TV, which shows a review of what you have set up. Tap on ‘Continue’ to move on to next screen.
- Now, a tutorial will be shown to user, which can be skipped by tapping on ‘Skip tutorial’.
This is it! Now, you are all set to enjoy and experience stream, mirror and cast with your Android device.
So, these are some of the steps that you need to follow to connect Chromecast from your Android device. Make sure you follow each & every step carefully, as one wrong step could lead to failure of the process.
If you found this helpful, please let us know. You can also drop your feedback in the comment section below.