Google has made it all so smart. By using Google’s Chromecast with a smartphone, laptop or tablet, anyone can stream their favorite shows or movies on their TV screen within seconds. But connecting Chromecast with your TV, Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac platform is a bit of a task.
Fortunately, we’re here to show you how to set up Chromecast on all the supported devices.
Before we start explaining the process, connect Chromecast to a Wi-Fi with a decent Internet connection (at least 5Mbps for HD; 20 to 25Mbps for 4K) and get a smartphone with Google Home application installed.
Let’s get started.
How to set up Chromecast for Android Phones and connect to TV
Step 1: Power on your TV. Connect Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port and connect the power cord to free USB port on the TV. If you don’t have one connect Chromecast to a power outlet with the cable included in the box. Once everything is plugged in, a small LED will automatically light up on your Chromecast.
Step 2: Get the Google Home app on your smartphone.
Step 3: Launch Google Home app and tap Get Started. You’ll need to select Google Account you want to use for Chromecast.
Step 4: Grant location permission when asked to locate Chromecast. When ready tap OK to continue.
Step 5: Google Home app will now run a scan to find Chromecast. Once detected tap Next. If you more than one Chromecast in the vicinity the app will list all of them. Tap the Chromecast you want to set up > Next.
Step 6: You’ll now see a unique code displayed on the TV to which you have connected Chromecast. Tap Yes. If no code is displayed chances your phone is not in close proximity to Chromecast. Move it a bit close and tap Try again > Scan for devices. Once detected tap Yes.
Step 7: After you will be asked if you wish to share Chromecast stats along with the crash report with Google. If you want that tap Yes, I’m in or tap No thanks.
Step 8: If you are asked for the region you are located in during the setup process of Chromecast, head to the region list > select the region you are in > Continue.
Step 9: You’ll now be asked to select the location where your Chromecast is located in the home. Select it > Next. To give a name of your choice> tap Add custom room > enter the name of your choice > Next.
Step 10: To connect Chromecast to Wi-Fi, select the network on Google Home app > Next.
Step 11: If you are using Android 5.0 and above, home Wi-Fi’s password will be automatically filled in the password field when you tap OK. If this doesn’t happen, enter the password and tap Connect to finish the process.
Step 12: Connect Chromecast with Google Account when asked > tap Continue.
Step 13: You’ll now see the information on what you have set up in the Google Home app. Additionally, you can sign up email to get updates, view video tutorials, the option to set up other functionality. All this is optional. You do not need to go with them to complete setting up Chromecast.
Also Read: 8 Google Chromecast Hacks You Must Know
How to setup Chromecast for iOS
To connect Chromecast with your iOS device follow the steps below:
- Power on your TV > connect Chromecast with TV’s HDMI port > connect the power cord to an available USB port. (If the port is unavailable connect Chromecast to the nearest power outlet.)
- Get the Google Home app on your iPhone.
- Launch Google Home app > Get Started. Confirm the Gmail account you want to use.
- As you move ahead you will need to enable iPhone’s Bluetooth. If already enabled skip this step. If not, tap head to Settings > Wi-fi connection. Connect to the same Wi-Fi as Chromecast. If you do not want to enable Bluetooth to tap No thanks.
- Google Home app will now scan for your Chromecast. When done, tap Next.
- The TV connected to Chromecast will show a unique code. Tap Yes, when you see it. If you are unable to see it bring your device close to Chromecast and Try again.
- You’ll now be asked if you want to share Chromecast stats If you agree to tap Yes, I’m in else No thanks.
- A few might have to mention the region you are located in. Select it from the region list > Continue.
- Identify the room Chromecast is located > Next. To give a name to your room > tap Add custom room > give a name > Continue.
- If you are connecting Chromecast to Wi-Fi, select the network > Next.
- Link Chromecast to your Google Account > continue.
That’s it you are done Chromecast is now connect with your iPhone. If you face any problem while connecting Chromecast ensure the device you are connecting with is compatible with Chromecast. If you still face any problem, try visiting the Chromecast Help Forum.
Furthermore, if you want to use Chromecast with Spotify here we go.
Also Read: Best Apps to Own for Your Google Chromecast
How to setup Chromecast with Spotify
1. Power on your TV and make sure the HDMI channel to which Chromecast is plugged into is set.
2. Open the Spotify app.
3. Choose the song, playlist, or album, you’d like to cast and play it.
4. Tap devices. If you are using a mobile app it will be on the left side. Computer users will see it on the right side.
5. This will bring up a list of streaming options. Select Chromecast. If it doesn’t appear, make sure you’re connected to the same Wi-Fi network as Chromecast.
6. Once the device is selected, Spotify will appear on the TV screen and music will stop playing on the first device.
This is all. We hope, using these steps you were able to connect Chromecast with TV, Android, iOS. If you liked the article do share it with your friends and family. Also connect with us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram. Your comments are valuable please do share.