With the release of iOS 11, many new features and improvements have been introduced. One of them is Screen Recording which is a part of Control Centre. Screen Recording is an awesome feature as it lets you record your screen whether you want to nudge your friends about your gameplay or you want to walk someone through steps of troubleshooting.
The best part is you can start the screen recording from the Control Centre which eliminates the hassle of going all the way to the app to get it down. If you have upgraded your iPhone to iOS 11 and still don’t able to get the screen recording feature on the Control Centre, don’t worry, follow these steps to get it as a widget on the Control Centre.
Adding the Screen Recording icon to Control Centre
- Unlock your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Locate Settings.
- Now navigate Control Centre.
- In Control Centre, go to Customize Controls.
- You will get the list of things added to the Control Centre with red minus button beside them and those which are not included are listed with a green plus button.
- So once you get Screen recording, click on the green plus button to add it to the Control Centre.
So, in this way, you can add the screen recording feature to the Control Centre.
Record Your Screen
Now you have Screen Recording feature on the Control Centre, let’s check how to use this awesome feature.
- Bring up the Control Centre by swiping on the screen in an upward direction.
- Locate the Screen Recording icon ( concentric circle-like icon) and tap on it.
- When you tap on it, the countdown from 3 to 1 will start, so open the screen on your phone which you want to record and then the inner circle will turn red, indicating that the screen recording has started.
- Once the screen recording will start, you can see a red bar on the top of the screen.
- If you want to stop the recording, you can click on the red bar on the top or you can tap on the screen recorder widget on the Control Centre. The videos are saved in the Photos app.
Record Your Screen With Sound in iOS 11
You know, how to record your screen with your iPhone and iOS 11 but do you know that you can record your screen with sound as well. To record your screen with sound, follow these steps:
- Swipe your screen in an upward direction to bring the Control Centre up.
- Now apply the 3D touch (Tap and Press on the icon) on Screen Recording icon.
- You will get options like Screen Recording, Start Recording and Microphone Audio off. So turn on your Microphone by tapping on the icon to record your voice along with the screen recording.
Note: The icon will turn red once turned on.
Edit The Screen Recording Video
The videos made are saved in the Photos app. To edit the video, follow these steps:
- Open the Photos app and go to recorded video.
- Tap on the Edit button on the top of the screen.
- Now, you can see the video is in the edit mode.
- You can trim the length of the video by sliding the forward and backward arrow. While moving the slider inwards to trim the video, you will see the yellow cropping indicator on all sides.
- Before finalizing the changes, you can preview the video for better understanding by clicking on play icon.
- Once satisfied, tap on Done from the bottom-right corner.
- Now, tap on save as a new clip to preserve both the videos.
This makes explaining the troubleshooting steps and making tutorials easier than ever. Don’t you agree?