In the world of technology, you can’t keep your kids away from using phones and tablets. They might ask for a gadget to complete their homework or surf the internet. However, if you need to put a leash on them, you must restrict them from using apps, content, and necessary features. Android comes with a solution for it as well. You need to create a restricted profile to enable parental control on Android to ensure kids are not accessing things they are not supposed to.
This post has mentioned steps to manage restricted profiles on Android tablets.
Benefits Of Using Restricted Profiles:
- You can restrict other users from seeing your account and content on it.
- If a tablet is put in a display as KIOSK, log in with a restricted profile and allow them to access chosen apps and features.
- If a tablet kept in a showroom, with this profile logged in, you could allow customers to explore tablet features but restrict them from playing games.
Steps To Create A Restricted Profile For Parental Control On Android:
A restricted profile can only be created for tablets. A tablet user is free to create, edit and delete restricted profiles.
Note: The steps mentioned below will work for Android 8.0 or later.
Create A Restricted Profile To Get Parental Control On Tablet
- Locate the Settings app on your tablet.
- Under Settings, locate Users & Accounts and then navigate Users.
- Now tap on Add User or Add Profile.
- Tap the Restricted profile. A new profile will open containing a list.
- Click On the Settings icon beside New Profile.
- To enter the profile’s name, click New profile, input the name and tap OK.
- Select which apps, settings, and features from the list could be used by the profile. Tap on ON or OFF switches & Settings.
- Tap on the Back button.
If the user is with you, you can help them set up their Google account and other information. However, if the user is not present when making Restricted Profiles, then the user can set up the account whenever you switch to that profile.
How To Edit A Restricted Profile
If you want to make changes in the created restricted profile to get parental control on Android, then follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your Tablet.
- Navigate to Users & Accounts and tap Users.
- Locate & tap the restricted profile in which you want to make changes.
- Next to Restricted profile, locate and tap Settings.
- You can choose which apps, settings, and features from the list could be used by the profile. Tap on ON or OFF switches & Settings.
How To Delete A Restricted Profile?
In case you want to remove the restricted profile, then you can follow these steps:
- Launch the Settings app on your tablet.
- Tap Users & Accounts and then Users.
- Click the restricted profile which you want to delete.
- Tap Delete, which you can find near the profile.
In this way, you can create, edit or delete restricted profiles to enable parental control on Android to prevent your kids and restrict other users from accessing your content and messing with your apps and features set on your tablet. Liked the article? We value your feedback. Please share your thoughts in the comments section below.