Group FaceTime the most awaited feature is finally here. All who are using updated iOS 12.1 can use Group FaceTime for video conference call and can make group calls with up to 32 people. Even more Memojis can also be used.
To use this feature, you need to update your software version. To do so, head to Settings > General > Software update and download the latest iOS 12.1.
Now that you have latest iOS you can use Group FaceTime feature and make group calls.
Here’s how to use the new feature.
But before that let’s check the compatibility.
All devices running latest iOS 12.1 support Group FaceTime. But working of Group FaceTime depends upon the device you are using. If you are using older iOS devices, then only audio calls can be made via Group FaceTime. To make both audio and video calls you need iPhone 6s and later, iPad Pro and newer, iPad Air 2 and iPad Mini 4.
Older iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad users can join conference call as audio participants.
How to make Group FaceTime using FaceTime app?
Now, that we know compatible devices, lets learn how to make Group FaceTime with FaceTime app for facetime video conference call.
- Head to Settings > FaceTime, to ensure FaceTime is on.
- Next open FaceTime app and tap ‘+’ sign present at the top right corner.
- Look for the participants you want to add to the call.
- Next, tap either of the green button (Audio or Video) to start FaceTime call.
How to make Group FaceTime using Messages app?
While doing private conversation doing FaceTime with someone is easy. But with Group FaceTime introduced you can now make Group FaceTime from the group messaging threads.
Here we explain how it works:
- Open Messages app and start with group conversation. If you are already doing a group conversation tap on contacts present at the top of the screen.
- This will open a drop-down menu with three options: Audio, FaceTime and Info. Tap on FaceTime to start call.
How to join FaceTime call?
If someone initiates Group FaceTime, you can join the call in several ways:
- Tap from the Lock screen or Notification center.
- Next tap Join from the group conversation in the Messages app or tap the notification at the top of the screen.
- Once you do so, you’ll be automatically connected.
- Alternatively, you to join a call from FaceTime app, head to the active call and tap .
How to add a person to Group FaceTime call?
To add a person, follow the steps below:
- Tap ‘+’ from the call.
- Next add the contact by entering his name, phone number or email.
- Tap green button that reads, Add person to FaceTime.
How to add camera effects to calls?
If you are using iPhone 7 and later you can use camera effects, filter and if you are using iPhone X or later, you can use Memoji and Animoji in your Group FaceTime calls.
To use Memoji and Animoji follow the steps below:
- Tap during FaceTime call.
- Next pick your Memoji or Animoji by tapping on
If using iPhone 7 and later to use camera effects, follow the steps below:
- Tap during FaceTime call.
- Tap on Shapes , Filters or Text whichever effect you want to add.
How to change FaceTime audio and video settings?
Apart from adding Memoji, Emoji and affects you can also change audio, video settings during a call. To change settings, tap and select from any of the options:
To flip camera.
To switch between speaker and mute.
To turn of sound, tap once and to get sound back tap again.
To turn camera off.
Using these steps, you can easily add a person, join Group FaceTime, and can change settings. Even more you can add effects and add Memoji or Animoji Group FaceTime.
We hope you found steps simple enough to use to make facetime video conference call. In case you need anything else please leave a comment for us. Also let us know if you want us to write on an specific topic.