Google Earth is one of the best websites designed by Google which helps you unravel the beauty of our Mother Earth from our computer. Since the launch, there have been a lot of additions. One of the additions is that now Google Earth enables you to calculate the distance, area or perimeter, between two points as per your selection. This feature is available on iOS. Chrome browser as well as Android.
In this post, we will let you know how to use Google Earth Measure tool to measure area and distance on iOS, Chrome browser or Android. Read on to know!
How To Use Google Earth Measure Tool On Chrome Browser?
To measure area and distance via Google Earth is quite simple as we speak, let’s check out how to do it:
- Look for a location that you want as your starting point and then locate Measure Distance icon from the sidebar.
- Choose location on the map which you want as your initial point.
- Now if you want to measure the distance from a point to another then drag the pointer from the starting point. You can sweep, by clicking and dragging, or zoom in or out just like you use Google Earth.
- If you click & instantaneously release, a new point will be created on the map.
- Once you have decided the destination, click two times on your end location and Google will measure it and tell you the distance in miles and kilometers.
- You can drag your beginning and ending point to change it anywhere on the map.
Note: To calculate perimeter, add points to each end of what you are calculating, then join the starting and end points by clicking the starting point again.
How To Use Google Earth Measure Tool On Android or iOS?
To measure distance by using Google Earth measure tool on Android or iOS, follow these steps:
- Look for the point or location you want to start. Tap the menu button and choose Measure.
- Now tap the point which you want as starting point and tap on Add point.
- To measure distance between two points or places, drag the pointer from the starting to ending point. You can sweep, zoom out and zoom in while performing the step.
- Once you reach your destination point, you can tap location and also on Add Point.
- You get to know the distance in km, miles or any other measuring unit of your preference.
To change the unit of measurement in app, click Menu button, then locate Settings. Navigate to formats and units, then choose ft & miles or Meters & kilometers.
Ways to put the measuring tool of Google Earth to use-
It can be helpful for teachers in making kids learn which state is bigger or other math problems such as calculating perimeter or area of a space.
It can also be used as Google Maps alternative, as it can help in calculating the distance of your distance travelled or road trip taken.
Traveling can be fun with it, you can calculate the distance you fly or travel to reach one point to another.
If you are looking into real estate for houses to buy, you can evaluate the measurement of land in which you are interesting.
So, now you know all about Google Earth’s new measure tool and how to use it to measure area and distance on Android, iOS or Chrome, you can calculate the distance between two points on earth within a few seconds.