Apple is known for its out of the box inventions and researches that are aimed to ease the life of users. One such feature to facilitate its users is Continuity and Handoff, which went beyond expectation in customer satisfaction. Continuity, moreover, is rated to be one of the most useful features that Apple introduced for its users.
With Continuity feature, you are able to seamlessly toggle between your devices like iPhone, iPad and Mac using the same app at real-time over all the devices. however , at time you may face problems using the feature. Today, we’re going to help you troubleshoot Continuity on iPhone, iPad and Mac
How to Troubleshoot Continuity on iPhone, iPad and Mac?
When you’re faced with an issue using Continuity feature on any device, you may apply the below troubleshooting steps to get over it:
Wireless Resetting: One of the foremost steps is to turn the wireless and/or Bluetooth connection between the devices on and off. This way, the connection would be reset and any minor disturbance could be resolved easily. You can achieve the option using the Control Center and the Airplane Mode button on your device and do the following:
- Launch Control Center on your iPhone or the iPad you may be facing issues with.
- Tap on the Airplane Mode button and wait for the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and Cellular buttons to be tappable (darken).
- Tap the Airplane Mode button again. This way, you’ll have all your wireless connections re-established on their own.
How to Resolve Handoff issue on iPhone or iPad?
At time you may face problems with Handoff between apps over any of your iOS devices and other devices. You may do the following to resolve the issue:
- Go to Settings on your iPad or the iPhone.
- Tap General.
- Tap Handoff.
- Now, slide the switch next to Handoff to white “off” position.
- And, flip the switch back to Green “On” position
How to Troubleshoot Handoff on Mac?
If you’re using Handoff feature on Mac and facing issues, you may consider following the below tip to resolve the issue:
- Launch System Preferences on your Mac by clicking on the Apple icon at the left hand side top corner.
- Click on General
- Now, unmark the check in the checkbox located next to Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.
- Undo the previous step and put a check mark against Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.
Overall, it is not very tough to troubleshoot Continuity on iPhone, iPad and Mac if you follow the above steps. Now that you’re provided with a feature that lets you have the content open from an app on one device and on the same app on the other device, it is a combination of art and science put together to have you assisted. If you wish to share some tips and tricks related to Continuity or Handoff, do let us know in the comments below.