Outlook has been one of the most popular email management solutions for decades and is used by several individuals and businesses across the globe. While it might be the primary tool you use to access emails on your computer, it’s certainly not the same when talking about your smartphone. But configuring outlook on your android smartphone is extremely easy and can be done in minutes. It not only organizes your emails in a better way than any client could offer but also makes it difficult for spammers and criminals to reach you. Hence, it would be worthwhile for our readers to learn how to set up Outlook on Android. You can follow the steps listed below to do that.
- Download and Install Outlook for Android app on your smartphone from the Google Play store.
- Launch the app after it installs and go to Settings, denoted by the ‘gear’ icon on the top right.
- Tap on ‘Accounts’ and click ‘Add accounts’.
- Next, enter the email address you wish to configure outlook with.
- If you use any email address other than outlook.com, you have to create an IMAP account.
- To create IMAP Account go to Account and select IMAP from the options.
- You might have to enter server settings based on the service provider of your email.
- These settings would be different for each service provider e.g. Google, Yahoo, Hotmail etc.
- Once you have saved these settings, just enter your email password and allow permissions to sync settings.
Presto, Outlook has now been setup for your android phone. You can now easily manage your emails in a more organized and secure manner on your smartphone. Using outlook for android will eliminate the need to login to your email accounts as you can directly view and send mails by opening the app. You can know more about setting up Google and Yahoo account and their respective server settings by reading our other Outlook Help topics.