Android is one of the most used operating systems in the world, holding a large number of users. Now that smartphones powered by Android are getting better, you’re now able get Android notifications on Windows 10. This way, if you’re working or your phone is kept at a distance, you wouldn’t have to go grab it to check on the notifications anymore.
Now that getting notifications on your Windows 10 is one of the built-in features, there are a few settings that need to be tweaked. Before you get your head around the settings, it is important that you’re using genuine Windows 10 with necessary updates.
How to Get Android notifications on Windows 10?
To begin to get notifications of Android on Windows 10 machine, it is important that you connect both the devices to start the synchronization. You may follow the below steps to start:
- Launch the menu on your Windows machine by clicking the Start button or pressing the Windows key on your keyboard.
- Then, search for Settings, or for a gear icon from the list of options.
- You could see a Window that looks like the image below.
- Then, click on the option that says, Phone that says “Link your Android, iPhone.“
- Then, click on the “+” icon that says, “Add a phone.”
- Once done, you would be provided with a screen that asks for your phone number. Enter your number with designated country code and click on “Send” to get the text message from Microsoft.
- As soon as you receive the text message on your Android, click on the link provided that redirects you to the Microsoft Launcher app.
- Install the app and launch it.
- Once the app is installed, you may need to login to your Microsoft account. Make sure, you’re logged in with the same account that you’ve got logged in with on your PC.
- Now, click on Let’s Go.
- Once, everything is set up and customized, you would be able to see your phone under the ‘Your Phone’ section on your machine. This way, you have successfully connected an Android phone.
How to use a linked phone to get Android notifications on Windows 10?
One of the best ways to get notifications on Windows 10 is through the Cortana app on your Android. This way, you must download and install Cortana on your Android by following the below steps:
- Open Google Play Store and install Cortana.
- Launch the Cortana app.
- Tap the three horizontal lines button in the top left corner.
- Once in the Settings, tap on the Cross-device option.
- Now, turn the slider on to turn on notifications for missed call, incoming messages, low battery.
- You may also turn the slider on for ‘App notification sync’ to get app related notifications.
- Then, provide access to Cortana for notifications.
- Once done, you may choose the apps to get notifications for.
- That’s it, you would be able to get Android notification on Windows 10 PC.
Overall, it is not complexed to tweak some of the settings and get Android notifications on Windows 10. However, it is recommended that you take backup of your system before proceeding with above steps. In case, you find it difficult to follow any step, you may seek help from your system administrator. If you wish to share some tips and tricks related to Windows 10 or Android, do let us know in the comments below.