It’s annoying when you see “Unable to connect to the proxy server” error, especially when you’re up to something important. A proxy server acts as an intermediary between your computer and other servers.
Your proxy server may become an obstacle for an uninterrupted internet connection. Whether you use a proxy or not, to fix proxy settings in Windows 10 and 7 you might find these two methods useful:
Through Internet Properties –
- Press the Windows key and the letter ‘R’ on your keyboard to get the Run box.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and click on OK.
- Click on Connections tab and click on LAN settings located at the bottom of the Internet Properties window.
- If you use a proxy server, check the box against Use a proxy server for your LAN and enter the proxy IP address and Port number. If you don’t use a proxy server, make sure that the box is unchecked.
- Click on OK.
- Click OK on the Internet Properties window to close it.
- Reboot the machine. The problem will have been solved.
Through Resetting –
Bring the Run box by Pressing the Windows key with the letter ‘R’.
- Type inetcpl.cpl and click OK.
- Go to the Advanced tab at the top of Internet Properties window.
- Click on Reset located at the end of the window.
- Restart the system. The problem will have been solved.
Must Read: How To Fix DNS Error In Windows
Taking everything into account, proxy settings do play an important role in day to day networking. It may be set up by your organization or by your newly installed anti-virus. If your problem persists after trying both the methods, consult your system administrator.